[FT] Hibernian 5 - 5 Rangers (Tavernier 25, Rossiter 27, Alves 40, Holt 55; Windass 68)

3 hours ago, Ser Barristan Selmy said:

Rossiter actually looked really decent and I hope he can stay fit. He resembles a proper, decent footballer; which isn't something I see at Ibrox regularly. He's composed on the ball, plays with his head up and seems to have real class. Reminded me of Barry Ferguson a bit. 

Was far and away our best player yesterday.  Which says something about him AND his team-mates.  He hasn't started a game since August and looked miles better than the rest, who have...

3 hours ago, MacK1950 said:

Rossiter and Jack in midfield with McCrorie a good outlook IMO.

Only downside to this for me is the lack of creativity - they all, from what I have seen, are more defensive in nature.

2 hours ago, compo said:

Aye a strange change I believe you should never take off a player who is playing well and in Rossiters case he was playing very well .

He was injured.

Rossiter has great potential and especially so with Gerard now guiding him.  You would imagine being a scouser that the likes of Gerrard would be hero worshiped by him. Someone he would be willing to listen to and run through brick walls for.

1 hour ago, compo said:

Real men get up and get on with it tell him he's Jesus and cure himself :rolleyes:

Yes, good idea.  Tell a young lad who has been out injured for the better part of 9 months to "be a real man and get up and get on with it" :rolleyes:

38 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Rossiter has great potential and especially so with Gerard now guiding him.  You would imagine being a scouser that the likes of Gerrard would be hero worshiped by him. Someone he would be willing to listen to and run through brick walls for.

Sorry but to me that just sounds like cheap sound bites.

Rossiter is one player in our squad who motivation and "running through a brick wall" for someone comes naturally anyway.  You can tell by the way he plays.  He just wants to play football and I suspect he would run through a brick wall for anyone.

Throwing Gerrard's name in there and just because they are both scousers guarantees absolutely nothing in terms of his development.  If Gerrard is a terrible coach then you run the risk of Rossiter chucking it like anyone else.  Being a fellow scouser guarantees nothing.  Gerrard will get the respect of every player in the dressing room for what he has done in his playing career - but if his coaching methods, style and man management are poor then it doesn't matter where he comes from, the players will chuck it.

Lets hope that we are eulogizing over the scouse connection this time next season though :thup:

1 minute ago, craig said:

Sorry but to me that just sounds like cheap sound bites.

Rossiter is one player in our squad who motivation and "running through a brick wall" for someone comes naturally anyway.  You can tell by the way he plays.  He just wants to play football and I suspect he would run through a brick wall for anyone.

Throwing Gerrard's name in there and just because they are both scousers guarantees absolutely nothing in terms of his development.  If Gerrard is a terrible coach then you run the risk of Rossiter chucking it like anyone else.  Being a fellow scouser guarantees nothing.  Gerrard will get the respect of every player in the dressing room for what he has done in his playing career - but if his coaching methods, style and man management are poor then it doesn't matter where he comes from, the players will chuck it.

Lets hope that we are eulogizing over the scouse connection this time next season though :thup:

I think Gerrard may make a difference to him but that's a personal view.  Looking at it from the perspective of if it were me as a young boy at an English club with no Scots around me me then in comes a Scottish legend I had idolised who had played his entire career at Rangers I would be massively encouraged.

Just in passing I cringed yesterday when that tackle went in. He hit him hard and when he didn't immediately get back up the first thought was oh no here we go again. This boy is cursed.

1 minute ago, JFK-1 said:

I think Gerrard may make a difference to him but that's a personal view.  Looking at it from the perspective of if it were me as a young boy at an English club with no Scots around me me then in comes a Scottish legend I had idolised who had played his entire career at Rangers I would be massively encouraged.

Just in passing I cringed yesterday when that tackle went in. He hit him hard and when he didn't immediately get back up the first thought was oh no here we go again. This boy is cursed.

Foderingham, Alnwick, Tavernier, Windass, Goss... are all compatriots - so hardly "no English around him".

Encouragement will only go so far.  That's my point.  You are suggesting that Gerrard will get more out of him based on nothing but the fact they are both scouse and played at the same club and Gerrard was his hero.  It is the standard of Gerrard's coaching, man management skills, ability to get results that will be what encourages Rossiter - not whether they understand each other's accent.

He withstood that tackle very well.  Allan should have walked for that but instead will get no further punishment.  A yellow card for a possible career-ender... whilst Ryan Jack was red carded for making a pass.....