Highest away support in the UK this season

2 hours ago, DMAA said:

I think that is harsh. Abstentions all round would not have put us down. Only Yes votes. 

That would only matter if the whole thing had been done in secret.  Killie knew how most would be voting - it was hardly kept quiet - an abstention when you know the majority are voting a particular way is not much of an abstention.

On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 07:22, DMAA said:

Sorry I should have read the rest of the comments!

Are people really suggesting the best course of action is to leave the side with no fans at away games? I would suggest that the fans have played their part in the club's great form on the road this season.

Yes, I would leave the side with no fans at away games.  Whilst yo may be true that they played their part in away form this season... there is nothing to suggest that having ZERO fans there will instill a siege mentality into them either.

Regardless, denying every single other club our fans and the blue pound will hurt them all financially, which in turn is likely to lead to them having to have an inferior standard of player which, in turn, leads us to having a stronger squad than them.

If they refuse to send 300 fans to Ibrox but we refuse to send 3,000 fans to Easter Road - how long before Hibs have to cut their cloth ?  And how negative an impact would 300 lost ticket sales have on us ?

7 minutes ago, craig said:

Yes, I would leave the side with no fans at away games.  Whilst yo may be true that they played their part in away form this season... there is nothing to suggest that having ZERO fans there will instill a siege mentality into them either.

Regardless, denying every single other club our fans and the blue pound will hurt them all financially, which in turn is likely to lead to them having to have an inferior standard of player which, in turn, leads us to having a stronger squad than them.

If they refuse to send 300 fans to Ibrox but we refuse to send 3,000 fans to Easter Road - how long before Hibs have to cut their cloth ?  And how negative an impact would 300 lost ticket sales have on us ?

In the absence of a SIGNIFICANT catalysing event, talk will remain as talk.

3 hours ago, craig said:

People need to understand it doesn’t need to be all or nothing. If, in your example, only half of those 3000 stayed away, that would still be a considerable hardship for Hibs. The more the better but there’s actually room for both opinions.