Celtic star Nir Bitton blasts online trolls who abuse him ‘because he’s Israeli

The midfielder says he is tired of being sent insults about his country of birth on social media

CELTIC star Nir Bitton has blasted trolls who bombard him with abuse on social media because he is Israeli.

The Parkhead ace said he is tired of “idiot” trolls abusing him online and criticised people for messaging him to say he supports the death of children.

He wrote on Instagram: “I’m just tired of replying to idiots who insult me because I’m Israeli so I’m not gonna reply anymore.

“Just a shame for the people who insult me for such a thing like that.

“As a father if you guys think I support the death of children or any human being then you are nothing but idiots.

“I’m all up for the banter but not when you guys texting my wife’s Instagram.

“I’m getting abuse for a while so I just felt that I had to say that. Don’t mix football and politics, you are better than that. Love you all.”

Earlier this month, he was told by one irate supporter to leave the Glasgow club after he had congratulated Israel’s successful Eurovision entry Netta Barzilai.

Bitton, 26, shared a photo of the singer on his Instagram story as he celebrated her taking top spot in the contest with her song TOY which featured an unusual chicken dance.

A follower replied back to Bitton, “F*** you,” followed by, “Out our club!”

Bitton, 26, shared the exchange, mockingly telling his 73,000 followers, “This boy need some love.”

He also replied back to the troll, “Haha shut the f*** up…I’ll be here till my last second of my contract.”

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/2680698/celtic-nir-bitton-trolls-israel/

Was it Celtic fans that were abusing him? only there is no mention of Celtic fans in the article!

2 hours ago, ian1964 said:

Was it Celtic fans that were abusing him? only there is no mention of Celtic fans in the article!

Why wouldn't it be? We know their love of Hamas. And who are Hamas? A Nazi like entity governing Palestine who have it in their founding charter that they will not rest till every last Jew anywhere in the world is dead.

rtx2ll5v-cropped.jpg?quality=80&strip=al

It’s not because he’s Israeli, it’s because he’s Jewish.

You just have to compare the treatment of Biton and Kayal. Both Israeli, one Jewish and one Muslim. Which one got all the abuse and no abuse for the other?

What else did Biton expect when he signed for an Irish catholic football club whose deranged followers all seem to  support the Palestinian cause in the Middle East?

(and most of whom probably couldn’t point to the Middle East on a map)

Edited by RANGERRAB

15 hours ago, StuGers said:

It’s not because he’s Israeli, it’s because he’s Jewish.

You just have to compare the treatment of Biton and Kayal. Both Israeli, one Jewish and one Muslim. Which one got all the abuse and no abuse for the other?

who's Kayal ?

A follower replied back to Bitton, “F*** you,” followed by, “Out our club!”

You would hope, most of our supporters would have written a full sentence there. It is quite clear who abused him and as per usual, the mhedia sweeps that fact under the carpet.

• 2 weeks later...
On 23-5-2018 at 21:21, RANGERRAB said:

What else did Biton expect when he signed for an Irish catholic football club whose deranged followers all seem to  support the Palestinian cause in the Middle East?

(and most of whom probably couldn’t point to the Middle East on a map)

I doubt they know what a map is.:D