Rangers Player Report Cards

Take a few minutes out and have a look at how Gersnet has rated every current Rangers player for season 2006/07.

Unfortunately, as is to be expected, the reports don't really make for happy reading. Praise is sparse, marks are low and the lack of a real player of the year shows just how bad things have been this season. To put it simply, not many of this season's first team squad can really say they're confident the management team will want them to stay for next season.

We'll also be rating the non-playing staff members later in the week so that will also make for interesting (and probably depressing) reading. However, next week, we'll have a fantastic financial analysis of just how the club can be turned around as well as casting our eye over our potential signings for next year. Hopefully that may provide us with some optimism!

Anyway, on with the player reports!

Please note players are in order of squad number so you may have to scroll down to find your favorite.

http://www.gersnetonline.net/newsite/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=398&Itemid=2

Good scores, Frankie ... not many i'd argue with there :)

- Totally agree with your assessment of the likes of sionko, sebo, etc (although i thought 2 was a tad kind - can you give minus scores?)

- agree that Klos might not be remembered as he really should be due to the last couple of seasons

- would certainly keep Papac as i've seen more lately under Smith than he ever did under PLG

- also disappointed with Burke, as on his game he can be an outright game winner .... but that's only usually one game a season :(

- and really glad with your scoring of Hutton and Hemdani .. spot on!

- I agree with your assessment of Buffel, but i'd be tempted to keep him if i thought Smith could get more out of him ... hard to call!

Thanks mate... Took quite a while to write but helps to get one's thoughts on 'paper' to make a clear judgement about how the squad performed as individuals and as a team.

Hoping to have a first Gersnet interview over the next week or 2 for the main site. :cool:

Nice work Frankie. I could argue with 1 or 2 scores but not the analysis.

I think Ehiogu deserves more than a 3 and Ian Murray is a bit high on a 6.

But Hutton and Hemdani have been the best 2 hands down.

Don't want to nit-pick but I would probably habe Buffel and Dado on lower marks. :eek:

Maybe that's because Buffel's contribution was so much earlier in the season.

Glad someone else had noticed Hutton has been consistent since about November, not since WS cam in or just for the last few weeks as I sometimes here. Granted though, for the most part, his real top class performances have been since the turn of the year.

If the POTY award occured at the end of the season, instead of towards the end, he'd be in with a shout.