Club1872 confirm £1million raised for share issue

2 minutes ago, Bill said:

Is it the case Club1872 is struggling to attract sufficient donations to meet its share placement obligations?

On another point raised above, I suggest the reason Hearts are apparently more successful at raising supporter funds is that their organisation isn’t carrying on its shoulders the tainted history of the old Rangers Supporters Trust which, like it or not, is still a source of discouragement for many. 

I think you exaggerate and I'd replace it with 'a few'.

The few tend to be loud and tend to look to stir 'the many'.

Club1872 have had their teething problems and that has to an extent, mirrored the complications and difficulties the club and it's board have went through during acrimonous corporate war against people that 'the few' occasionaly went to bed with in their pursuit of interests.

As you say, I think this is probably about swelling the funds so as not to be diluted and whilst there appears a degree of desperation at how it has to be done, we live in what can be called desperate times.

1 minute ago, buster. said:

I think you exaggerate and I'd replace it with 'a few'.

The few tend to be loud and tend to look to stir 'the many'.

Club1872 have had their teething problems and that has to an extent, mirrored the complications and difficulties the club and it's board have went through during acrimonous corporate war against people that 'the few' occasionaly went to bed with in their pursuit of interests.

As you say, I think this is probably about swelling the funds so as not to be diluted and whilst there appears a degree of desperation at how it has to be done, we live in what can be called desperate times.

Given the size of the Rangers support, the number of people donating to Club1872 seems below par to me. For a support that routinely demonstrates above par loyalty n so many other ways, why is that?

7 minutes ago, Bill said:

Given the size of the Rangers support, the number of people donating to Club1872 seems below par to me. For a support that routinely demonstrates above par loyalty n so many other ways, why is that?

The toxicity of the politics did leave a mark and our culture probably focuses more on loyalty toward the team and that I think is more easily expressed by attending football matches.

There are those who seem determined to ensure the political confrontation continues. 

Club1872 seem to have gradually getting through teething problems and correcting mistakes that were rightly crictised and also gave encouragement to those who are still hell bent on tearing it apart.

1 minute ago, buster. said:

The toxicity of the politics did leave a mark and our culture probably focuses more on loyalty toward the team and that I think is more easily expressed by attending football matches.

There are those who seem determined to ensure the political confrontation continues. 

Club1872 seem to have gradually getting through teething problems and correcting mistakes that were rightly crictised and also gave encouragement to those who are still hell bent on tearing it apart.

What a load of cobblers. Club1872 is responsible for its own reputation among the wider support and has had every opportunity to distance itself from the distasteful politicking of the RST. The facts speak for themselves. An organisation like Club1872 is defined as much by those who don’t join it as by those who do. The fact it’s still unclear what their intentions are speaks volumes.

As for your first point, it’s hard to know whether to laugh or cringe ?

2 minutes ago, Bill said:

What a load of cobblers. Club1872 is responsible for its own reputation among the wider support and has had every opportunity to distance itself from the distasteful politicking of the RST. The facts speak for themselves. An organisation like Club1872 is defined as much by those who don’t join it as by those who do. The fact it’s still unclear what their intentions are speaks volumes.

As for your first point, it’s hard to know whether to laugh or cringe ?

I think you only help illustrate the toxicity that remains.

I don't think anyone will try and claim that Club1872 have been perfect but the tendency would seem to be one of improvement on a number of issues whilst dealing with ongoing challenges. 

Now they are forced down a road which in different circumstances they probably wouldn't have went down, but the situation is what it is. 

1 hour ago, buster. said:

I don't think anyone will try and claim that Club1872 have been perfect but the tendency would seem to be one of improvement on a number of issues whilst dealing with ongoing challenges. 

Now they are forced down a road which in different circumstances they probably wouldn't have went down, but the situation is what it is. 

I really don't think you help the situation by throwing around words like "toxicity". As far as I can see, no one is attacking Club1872. The observation was made by others that the corresponding Hearts organisations seems to be more successful at raising supporter funds than Club1872. I made a suggestion why that might be. Is that toxic or are you still just playing bull in a china shop?

Just now, Bill said:

I really don't think you help the situation by throwing around words like "toxicity". As far as I can see, no one is attacking Club1872. The observation was made by others that the corresponding Hearts organisations seems to be more successful at raising supporter funds than Club1872. I made a suggestion why that might be. Is that toxic or are you still just playing bull in a china shop?

A few posts ago you talked about... "I really don't think you help the situation by carrying on its shoulders the tainted history of the old Rangers Supporters Trust" and now you complain about......."throwing around words like toxicity".

Your flip-flopping only shows that you wanted to make a one-sided point and didn't want to hear any balance.

It's usually best to face up to realities if you want to look to solve a problem, to ignore them is folly.

1 hour ago, BEARGER said:

There will always be people in any group, be it fans group, trade union, Bowling club who will do nothing and use any old story to snipe from the sides. 

Shares or projects?  Or is buying shares a project? I am quite sure C1872 made the distinction at sign up to get peoples cash. Desperate times now indeed.

The really laughable part is your sniping from the sides comment. Virtually all the sniping involving C1872 comes from within. 

1 hour ago, buster. said:

It is worth noting C1872 have not been forced down any road, it is of their choosing to go back on their word and use the majority to try and force change. It smacks of a lost cause blazer trail, which we have seen before of course. 

The real winners in this are RIFC, who have had C1872 where they want them from the beginning. Never independent, compromised and controlled from day 1 and soon to have even less influence if that is possible.  Another circa £1m in to the club yet C1872's holding will be drastically diluted at the same time. 

But as long as the club prospers all will be well.