Club1872 confirm £1million raised for share issue

13 minutes ago, craig said:

I personally believe that is EXACTLY what they should do.

Anyone who voted for using their contributions for shares will be happy to do so.  Those same people will be happy to use the project money to buy shares too.

However, it is the people who are contributing to projects who are being asked to re-assign their funding - therefore, it is only they who should be voting on whether to allow that re-assignment.

100% correct.

You can't argue that there is a current link in C1872 to past organizations, however i find it rather hypercritical that the people who do the most moaning about these links were themselves involved in these organisations. If not directly involved with them, then they were or are part of other organisations within the Rangers family. It's a case of the pot calling the kettle black with most of the snipers imo, if Rangers called for a new all singing, dancing super duper Rangers Supporters group, you would have the ones that are currently sniping at C1872 and people involved with C1872 would want to be in it and help run it. I'm past asking ''Why can't we just all get on'' because we never will, put two Rangers supporters on a desert Island and within a day you'll have three RSC, same with two Tims, same desert Island same interest in Rangers haha.

I

Edited by aweebluesoandso

27 minutes ago, aweebluesoandso said:

You can't argue that there is a current link in C1872 to past organizations, however i find it rather hypercritical that the people who do the most moaning about these links were themselves involved in these organisations. If not directly involved with them, then they were or are part of other organisations within the Rangers family. It's a case of the pot calling the kettle black with most of the snipers imo, if Rangers called for a new all singing, dancing super duper Rangers Supporters group, you would have the ones that are currently sniping at C1872 and people involved with C1872 would want to be in it and help run it. I'm past asking ''Why can't we just all get on'' because we never will, put two Rangers supporters on a desert Island and within a day you'll have three RSC, same with two Tims, same desert Island same interest in Rangers haha.

I

Define "sniping"

5 minutes ago, Bill said:

Define "sniping"

make a sly or petty verbal attack. I took that from the dictionary, pretty accurate description of what goes on with the sniping towards C1872.

If you want the literal definition of Sniping at C1872 i would direct you to Rangers Media, there's enough sniping on there towards C1872 to keep you reading for weeks.

39 minutes ago, aweebluesoandso said:

I

The critical difference being that the two Tims will start ONE Celtic organization that is politically motivated to push through a pro-Celtic, anti-Rangers agenda and will pull in the same direction.

The two Rangers supporters would be pulling in 10 different directions, with half a dozen organisations all trying to do the same thing.

And that, in a nutshell, is why Celtic fans have been more politically savvy than us over the years.   We cannibalise ourselves whilst they, for the most part, at least understand that unity is essential to push through your own agendas for the benefit of your club.

Just now, aweebluesoandso said:

make a sly or petty verbal attack. I took that from the dictionary, pretty accurate description of what goes on with the sniping towards C1872.

If you want the literal definition of Sniping at C1872 i would direct you to Rangers Media, there's enough sniping on there towards C1872 to keep you reading for weeks.

In that case I don't think I've ever seen sniping on here, at least not at Club1872. Only fair comment really. As for Rangers Media, it must be several years since I last visited. Wouldn't even know how to log in any more and never tempted to try. Or Follow Follow. Or any others. I get enough sniping here xDxD

7 minutes ago, Bill said:

In that case I don't think I've ever seen sniping on here, at least not at Club1872. Only fair comment really. As for Rangers Media, it must be several years since I last visited. Wouldn't even know how to log in any more and never tempted to try. Or Follow Follow. Or any others. I get enough sniping here xDxD

I'd have thought you would be banned from those sites anyway :ninja::roflmao:

7 hours ago, buster. said:

The old 'blazer chasing' line almost reminds me of certain governments and the citing of 'WMDs'.

Personally, I have thought for a longtime that Club1872 should have a seat at the main table given the % shareholding and find it strange that this becomes a stick to beat them. IIRC Forlansister said there was little chance of this happening, I'm not sure why but FS knows more about these type of things than I do. 

I think it relevant to state that both RIFC and Club1872 have at base, the same motivations and it isn't wildly outrageous that they co-incide and work together on many issues. 

The known consequences of how certain individuals have funded the ongoing financial shortfall shouldn't be a surprise regards dilution. But when 10M was being spent last summer, not many complained.

The issue is who wears the blazer. And there we have the internal sniping followed by the spectacular self combust.  More than once. Ergo, harmony may occur if the blazer is not chased.

It is relevant that Club1872 has never been independent from RIFC and that the claims that it was were wildly outrageous. 

I agree regarding the shortfall funding, of course. That is why Club1872 will be diluted. So why pretend otherwise.

7 hours ago, Frankie said:

I'll be honest and say I don't pay much attention to Club1872 but I think the option has always been there to have buying shares as a project.

I can understand that some won't agree with that but the majority decide I suppose.

Really? So why the vote now.

From the Club1872 website today:

Club 1872 is the first united fan group of its type and it presents a win-win for both supporters and Rangers Football Club.

For the first time, a genuine say in the distribution of supporter-contributed funds is possible. Club 1872 has already achieved its short term goal of holding more than 10% of the shares in RIFC. 25% is now a realistic minimum goal with all Rangers supporters uniting behind this concept.

Donate now and be part of the generation that safeguards our great Club for all the future generations still to come.

How is my donation used?

When you donate to Club 1872 you can choose whether your donations are used to support projects or to acquire shares in Rangers International Football Club PLC (the parent company of the company that owns Rangers Football Club).

You will do so when creating your profile. If you don’t specify a choice, your donation will be split evenly between projects and shares. Donations are collected by Club 1872 Shares Community Interest Company and will then be distributed as follows:

• 5% will be paid to Club 1872 Limited to meet administrative and marketing expenses,
  • All amounts allocated to shares will be retained by Club 1872 Shares Community Interest Company and all amounts allocated to projects will be paid to Club 1872 Projects CIC.
  • Payments will be distributed monthly.

In respect of payments to Club 1872 Limited and the Projects CIC, Club 1872 Shares Community Interest Company is acting as collection agent only. All future donations from persons signing up from Rangers First and the Rangers Supporters Trust will, after deduction of the expenses to be paid to Club 1872 Limited, be split 50:50 between shares and projects unless the person signing up indicates a contrary preference when completing their profile.