Club1872 confirm £1million raised for share issue

2 hours ago, Bill said:

Do you know why?

I believe one of his kids trains at Auchenhowie some nights.  Walter's grandkid trains there too, not sure if he is part of the Academy or not.  Don't think (could be wrong) that Ally's kid is part of the Academy.  Sunday nights are the community night usually.

1 hour ago, craig said:

I believe one of his kids trains at Auchenhowie some nights.  Walter's grandkid trains there too, not sure if he is part of the Academy or not.  Don't think (could be wrong) that Ally's kid is part of the Academy.  Sunday nights are the community night usually.

Gotcha, thanks.

RIFC Share Issue Project Poll - Result 

Over the past week, members have been voting on the proposal that the upcoming RIFC share issue be designated a project, so that monies raised for projects can be used to acquire shares in the issue. Thank you to all who took part. 

Members have voted 96.6% in favour of this proposal. 

We will update members over the next 24 hours on the final figure raised, which will represent Club 1872's total investment in the upcoming share issue. This figure will also be communicated to RIFC as per their request.

Club 1872

4 minutes ago, BEARGER said:
RIFC Share Issue Project Poll - Result 

Over the past week, members have been voting on the proposal that the upcoming RIFC share issue be designated a project, so that monies raised for projects can be used to acquire shares in the issue. Thank you to all who took part. 

Members have voted 96.6% in favour of this proposal. 

We will update members over the next 24 hours on the final figure raised, which will represent Club 1872's total investment in the upcoming share issue. This figure will also be communicated to RIFC as per their request.

Club 1872

....and the total votes cast was?

How many of those currently making donations specifically for projects, as opposed to share purchase, voted to allow their project donations to be used to buy shares?

Why do I get the feeling that if the board had proposed that the funds be used for another project instead of the share placement that there would be over 90% voting in favour of that proposal as well.:/

£1m RIFC Share Issue Investment

Club 1872 is delighted to announce that our investment in the upcoming RIFC share issue will be £1m. This represents another fantastic achievement for the thousands of Rangers supporters who contributed to this effort.

When Club 1872 spent £1m to purchase the shares of MASH Holdings in June 2017 it was a crucial step forward for the health of Rangers Football Club and a massive boost to supporter representation. For Club 1872 to have been able to follow that up so quickly with this massive investment, which will go directly into Rangers, is a huge credit to the commitment of our supporters and their loyalty to our football club.

Club 1872 Director Laura Fawkes said:

“A huge thank you to all our members for their regular donations and those in our membership and the wider support who made one-off donations towards our share issue campaign. These funds will not only put more shares into the hands of Rangers supporters but will go directly into the club to assist with the rebuilding process now underway under Steven Gerrard.”

“For Club 1872 to raise this level of funding purely through donations from around 7500 Rangers supporters shows the huge potential of the organisation. What we can achieve together will be determined solely by how many supporters take part. When we look at the number of supporters involved, we have only scratched the surface of the contribution that we can make to Rangers. We hope that investment into the club on this scale will show the thousands of supporters out there who have not yet joined us, that there are huge benefits of doing so.”

“Club 1872 is still a young organisation and we are learning all the time but there is no question that if our support acts together we can be a formidable force, not only in pushing our football club back to where it belongs but also in making sure that the the damaging events of the past can never be repeated."

Club 1872

I'm happy with this result, in an ideal world we would have had enough money for the £1mil share issue and have something left in the pot for Projects. I have my moans from time to time about C1872, it's not perfect and a work in progress, ultimately my money has gone into Rangers, surely we can all agree that is no bad thing.