Report on the Rangers Academy

On 6/8/2018 at 04:26, TheUKCrazyhorse said:

Easy to say with hindsight, but I can't help wondering if Stevie G had been in charge when Gilmour was here - instead of Caixinha - if his presence would've been enough to persuade Billy to stay here.

The club and Rangers fans will rue the day that kid left. Every effort should have been made to retain him. I mean EVERY effort. Bad business...very bad business.

23 hours ago, Malangsob said:

The club and Rangers fans will rue the day that kid left. Every effort should have been made to retain him. I mean EVERY effort. Bad business...very bad business.

Every effort WAS made to keep him.  He was offered more than any youth had been offered before.

As colinstein says, we couldn't match Chelsea's offer, it really is that simple.  The lad gets 22k a week next season.... we barely pay that for seasoned pro's and certainly not 17 yr old kids.  We can't compete with that.

Complain about the inequity of football leagues and the richer nations continually getting richer - but don't try and lay the blame for Gilmour leaving on the club - they did everything they could to keep him - he had been the crown jewels for a number of years.

Interestingly, his wee brother Harvery just won the Schools Scottish Cup with Grange Academy.  Harvey is on the books at Killie.

1 hour ago, craig said:

Every effort WAS made to keep him.  He was offered more than any youth had been offered before.

As colinstein says, we couldn't match Chelsea's offer, it really is that simple.  The lad gets 22k a week next season.... we barely pay that for seasoned pro's and certainly not 17 yr old kids.  We can't compete with that.

Complain about the inequity of football leagues and the richer nations continually getting richer - but don't try and lay the blame for Gilmour leaving on the club - they did everything they could to keep him - he had been the crown jewels for a number of years.

Interestingly, his wee brother Harvery just won the Schools Scottish Cup with Grange Academy.  Harvey is on the books at Killie.

You know what chaps my ass about that kid though?

Billy Gilmour: ‘Scott Brown would have bullied me if I had stayed at Rangers’

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/scotland/billy-gilmour-scott-brown-would-have-bullied-me-if-i-had-stayed-at-rangers-1-4746787

What kind of candy ass comment is that?   "Heee would have boooweed meeee"  As if this clown Brown is Ray Lewis or something. Better off in London kid...the dress selection is better.

27 minutes ago, Malangsob said:

You know what chaps my ass about that kid though?

Billy Gilmour: ‘Scott Brown would have bullied me if I had stayed at Rangers’

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/scotland/billy-gilmour-scott-brown-would-have-bullied-me-if-i-had-stayed-at-rangers-1-4746787

What kind of candy ass comment is that?   "Heee would have boooweed meeee"  As if this clown Brown is Ray Lewis or something. Better off in London kid...the dress selection is better.

And the kid was absolutely spot on.  He isn't physically ready for someone like Scott Brown.  He would have been pushed off the ball all too easily.  Gilmour is slight.  If you read the full article you will also see that he says that technically he would be fine, but that physically he isn't there yet.

16 hours ago, craig said:

And the kid was absolutely spot on.  He isn't physically ready for someone like Scott Brown.  He would have been pushed off the ball all too easily.  Gilmour is slight.  If you read the full article you will also see that he says that technically he would be fine, but that physically he isn't there yet.

I read the article...but I read his words. "Scott Brown would have BULLIED me." The word bully is not about being slight, it's about fear. Yet, not of Scott Brown. It is an admission of inadequacy and self-doubt...big, fat, flappin, red flag. This is why publically admitting weakness should be frowned upon. If I was on his team competing for position and I saw that...yeah. Someone needs to sit this kid down and have a long talk about honesty. There are a million places to talk about 'fears', newspapers ain't it.

We may see Mr. Gilmour again sooner than we think.