Discussing our summer transfers: incoming!!!

I don't think there's any evidence of SG preferring a "4-3-3 system [...] with an aggressive Kloppesque pressing game". SG set up Liverpool U18s a couple of times with a 4-3-3, but his preferred formations were 4-2-3-1 and 3-4-2-1, with the latter the most preferred. I think we're just seeing the Liverpool connection and the intense start to pre-season and spinning it out. I do expect a pressing game, but not quite "Kloppesque".

I agree with the rest. It was a measured evaluation of our signings. 

We have a good group of versatile players, able to play in a variety of ways. 

I seriously hope that the last couple of seasons will be scrutinized to th core. 4-3-3 is a fine system in a league where teams want to play football. In Scotland, it is like watching Germany vs South Korea unless we play the Scum or Hibs. And against such tactics, playing a  single striker is simply begging for trouble, as teams can easily round on him and double up the wing-attackers too.

SG intimated that we will change tactics and rightly so. 3-5-2 or something similar is required to break teams down in their own half.

1 hour ago, der Berliner said:

I seriously hope that the last couple of seasons will be scrutinized to th core. 4-3-3 is a fine system in a league where teams want to play football. In Scotland, it is like watching Germany vs South Korea unless we play the Scum or Hibs. And against such tactics, playing a  single striker is simply begging for trouble, as teams can easily round on him and double up the wing-attackers too.

SG intimated that we will change tactics and rightly so. 3-5-2 or something similar is required to break teams down in their own half.

Much depends on the attitude and stamina of the wide men and their willingness to do their defensive shift. Otherwise I think you're spot on about the futility of trying to win games with 4 at the back in Scotland.