Gersnet Podcast 009 - Burying Bury and Back in Europe

I wouldn’t use H&H as a benchmark. Polished or not, what you’re doing is much better - more informal, more personal. I generally don’t like podcasts as a medium and I wouldn’t know how to analyse the format but I’ve enjoyed most of the Gersnet ones so far. You don’t have to emulate H&H to be successful.

Edited by Bill

44 minutes ago, Bill said:

I wouldn’t use H&H as a benchmark. Polished or not, what you’re doing is much better - more informal, more personal. I generally don’t like podcasts as a medium and I wouldn’t know how to analyse the format but I’ve enjoyed most of the Gersnet ones so far. You don’t have to emulate H&H to be successful.

Totally agree Bill. H&H is what it is and we want to be an extra listen to other pods and not an enemy of them. We don't practice or choreograph things  . We are all what we are.  Obviously we know the topics before hand and get up to date on them otherwise we would sound like idiots We all have our good and bad points. I love doing it and just listening in on a Sunday, even if I don't take part, makes me so happy. We are all just guy's having a chat and having a cyber pint with each other. We are also so different and that is where i think we are different to H&H where they all sound the same with a different tone. Ross and Colin are miles apart in presentation but both excellent. Frankie is the brains that everyone listens to. David Fraser sounds like the Sgnt Major  giving his opinion and I am like the village idiot giving mine. 

That is the way I see it. And it seems to work.

Long may it continue.

On ‎12‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 21:44, Gaffer said:

For what it's worth, although I really enjoy H&H, I like this Gersnet one better.  I think the reason is that it's like listening to your mates.  I think you've got to remember that the association with such a good forum is a massive differentiator.  You should take more opportunities to link the podcast discussions to threads and topics on here.  It would help develop a stronger link between the two and perhaps will encourage more people to come to the forums.

I only listen to H&H and Gersnet podcasts and I enjoy both, Frankie & I are mates and I have met Pete on a couple of occasions so Gersnet is a wee bit better for me just because I know who is speaking, I have met a few posters from Gersnet so I think it would be good to get them involved as well.

28 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

I only listen to H&H and Gersnet podcasts and I enjoy both, Frankie & I are mates and I have met Pete on a couple of occasions so Gersnet is a wee bit better for me just because I know who is speaking, I have met a few posters from Gersnet so I think it would be good to get them involved as well.

As far as I know from the forum RBR, Gaffer and Craig are the only ones who have not yet taken part that are on the participants  list. Hopefully they will be listed shortly. Until now has really been a trial as we intended to start for real with the new season. The result until now has been staggering.

3 minutes ago, pete said:

As far as I know from the forum RBR, Gaffer and Craig are the only ones who have not yet taken part that are on the participants  list. Hopefully they will be listed shortly. Until now has really been a trial as we intended to start for real with the new season. The result until now has been staggering.

Is there an acceptance criteria for the participants list? there a lot of good posters on Gersnet who have a lot to offer! just asking?

2 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

Is there an acceptance criteria for the participants list? there a lot of good posters on Gersnet who have a lot to offer! just asking?

No it was asked in the beginning who was interested in trying it.

Just now, pete said:

No it was asked in the beginning who was interested in trying it.

Ok, maybe as the podcast grows there can be additions to the participants from Gersnet?as I said there are a lot of good posters on here and it would be good to have them on the podcast! we all know posting can be misinterpreted as opposed to speaking!.

1 minute ago, ian1964 said:

Ok, maybe as the podcast grows there can be additions to the participants from Gersnet?as I said there are a lot of good posters on here and it would be good to have them on the podcast! we all know posting can be misinterpreted as opposed to speaking!.

Totally agree but some of the members have already been approached to appear giving their opinion on certain points but don't feel  they can bring they're expertise over on a podcast. Not everyone wants to be a part of it. 

4 minutes ago, pete said:

Totally agree but some of the members have already been approached to appear giving their opinion on certain points but don't feel  they can bring they're expertise over on a podcast. Not everyone wants to be a part of it. 

Aye! I perfectly understand that, such a pity! maybe they are just nervous?. I would like to hear some of the posters from here, maybe they can be persuaded?.

Anyway, I enjoy listening to the podcasts, what Rangers fan wouldn't?. Keep up the good work?

I will state once again that this got off the ground through me pushing Frankie a little but the big jump was Graham\Big Jaws stepping in. Without him we would still be in the nappy stage. Graham is a professional.

He is a pain in the backside for me at times,:D But his expertise in editing is fantastic.

We also got lucky that 2 fantastic hosts heard via Twitter that we were looking for a host and contacted us..

Another word from Snagsy from WATP podcast who has also helped us enormously.

For the rest I can only say the people on the show also make it.