Gersnet Podcast 009 - Burying Bury and Back in Europe

Quick note to say anyone is welcome to come on the pod. Just give me a shout by PM if you fancy it and we will sort something out. 

Obviously its important you're a fairly confident speaker but sometimes that only comes with practice do don't worry if, like most of us so far, this is new to you. 

I don't think the Gersnet podcast should ever be judged on anything other than "did you enjoy listening to it?" I'm not looking for deep analysis or comprehensive coverage of issues, you'll never get everyone to agree anyway. The podcast isn't an educational tool and it shouldn't strive to push one viewpoint over another. It's simply there to entertain and by luck or judgement has achieved just that so far. It should be informed but if you strive too hard to make it "slick" and professional, you'll lose the magic that has engaged the audience so successfully.

6 hours ago, Bill said:

I don't think the Gersnet podcast should ever be judged on anything other than "did you enjoy listening to it?" I'm not looking for deep analysis or comprehensive coverage of issues, you'll never get everyone to agree anyway. The podcast isn't an educational tool and it shouldn't strive to push one viewpoint over another. It's simply there to entertain and by luck or judgement has achieved just that so far. It should be informed but if you strive too hard to make it "slick" and professional, you'll lose the magic that has engaged the audience so successfully.

Its a fanzine Bill and I wouldn't want to turn it into a glossy mag I like it as it is. I might be a pain in the backside for pete cause he's a noisy burger ? and I'm not a fan of too much background noise right @pete:flipa:

6 hours ago, Bill said:

Don't worry Bill, they've got Pete in there to make sure it'll never be slick and professional.  ?

You're right though, that it's all about the entertainment and I've felt every podcast has provided that.  As I mentioned earlier, this podcast is special because it's founded on a great forum and because of that I feel like I know the characters.  I like to hear the voices of people I've become familiar with on here.  I'd love to hear SBS on it at some stage.  I wonder if he'd sound as miserable (or pragmatic as he would call it)  as he comes across on the forums.  Everyone has a character and it adds to the fun.  The forum can be serious sometimes but most of the time it's just good fun and informative, and that's what the podcasts reflect.  If it's educational too, that's just a bonus.

3 hours ago, Big Jaws said:

Its a fanzine Bill and I wouldn't want to turn it into a glossy mag I like it as it is. I might be a pain in the backside for pete cause he's a noisy burger ? and I'm not a fan of too much background noise right @pete:flipa:

Pain in the bum? I wouldn’t rate you that high.??

just kidding.

I love the chat even off the air. All the guy’s Are great to talk to. I don’t do professional but you knew that.?