Dave King Supporter Update

If DK can't get his (or his Trust's, or his Company's) monies out of SA prior to the  (admittedly) ludicrous offer to all shareholders, how could anyone, outwith SA, who decides to throw in the towel and accept the offer expect to get his/her cash for the shares in timeous manner? Or at all?

In other words, if he can't get the dough out of  Africa, even if it is held in escrow there, how can he make the offer at all?

17 minutes ago, colinstein said:

he got the dough out of South Africa to buy 30%+ of our shares

so it will be a hard sell for him

he might be a duplicitous bastard but he's our duplicitous bastard

somebody said that

First of all he already had shares along with his other concert party members it was just a matter of increasing those. You're not going to tell me that it cost him and is associates £11m to do that or are you? Secondly its far more cash than going to the bank with your couple of grand holiday money and exchanging it for Rand for your two week SA trip. Theres setting up the facility and approval to move the cash and then there is the haggling over the exchange rate 6 weeks would have been a reasonable time scale to do that however the TAB/TOP didn't allow that opportunity to arise. I'm not saying he hasn't been difficult about it but as far as I'm concerned if what Dave King says is true then the TAB/TOP have been completely unreasonable. 

Certain individuals believe that if they can disrupt the current board the recovery in Rangers fortunes over the last three years might be reversed.

I believe him but saying it like that troubles me a shade. I would rather he didn't talk about that unless he can provide names and details. Otherwise it just sounds like conspiracy theory.

My fellow directors and I have all had to endure personal attacks and we all spend far more time dealing with Rangers interests than any of us truly expected. But we did it willingly and continue to do so for no financial gain. Those that wished our Club to fail have failed themselves and we will continue to progress despite inevitable set-backs that will come our way from time to time.

And so say all of us.

20 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

I don't have any problems with King regarding his commitment to return our club to it's rightful place. He has done everything within our limited means to achieve that. It hasn't all worked out as we would wish but it's not due to lack of commitment and effort from Dave King.

It hasn't all worked out? Our team has been completely awful since it returned to the top flight and Hibs almost pipped us to third place. That's pathetic. Mr King is judged by the product on the park first and foremost and so far it has been diabolical. 

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

15 hours ago, colinstein said:

he got the dough out of South Africa to buy 30%+ of our shares

so it will be a hard sell for him

he might be a duplicitous bastard but he's our duplicitous bastard

somebody said that

After the regimes we have had during my lifetime, I would like to see a period of some sort of honesty and transparency. 

13 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

I believe him but saying it like that troubles me a shade. I would rather he didn't talk about that unless he can provide names and details. Otherwise it just sounds like conspiracy theory.

And so say all of us.

Finishing below Aberdeen in the league is complete failure. 

19 hours ago, Bluedell said:

Given the nature of the arrangement of a concert party, it would be more effective to go to a person rather than a company...which King was claiming he had no involvement with at one point, IIRC, It's these sorts of claims that mean that the TP go with the reality of the situation (who controls the shares) rather than whose name is on the certificates (his granny.daughter.wife...). However that notwithstanding, I take your point.

(New Oasis Asset Limited, I believe).

Yes, its grandstanding by King no matter the small details. He seems to revel in fighting with authorities, even when he is wrong.

5 minutes ago, Ser Barristan Selmy said:

It hasn't all worked out? Our team has been completely awful since it returned to the top flight and Hibs almost pipped us to third place. That's pathetic. Mr King is judged by the product on the park first and foremost and so far it has been diabolical. 

It makes for an interesting debate..............

A more settled and clearly improving side on the park would certainly help some of the other issues.

eg. players doing well = less pay offs and potential profit on player trading, increased European revenue, etc.

There is an argument that suggest that this is the current approach, opposed to 'top down', which in some areas is proving very difficult.

If so, it's a big gamble.