Thomas Cook again fail to provide Travel Club trip to away game

• Frankie changed the title to Thomas Cook again fail to provide Travel Club trip to away game

Thats a feckin outrage. I hope the club are reviewing the partnership with Thomas Cook. It has been known since the early part of 2018 that we would be in Europe and what the dates would be. To not have aircraft available (the excuse usually given) just means that an incredible lack of foresight and planning has taken place.

Not all supporters can afford to take 3 days off to go to away matches via budget airlines, trains, coaches, taxis, etc to make their own way to these places, and depend on the travel club doing what it was set up to do.

I have always been fairly accepting of being ripped off by TC for the convenience of the day trip as being self-employed I cant be away for more than a day at a time for football purposes, and the convenience of the day trip outweighs the excessive cost.

To not provide this service must call into question the nature of our relationship with TC, who clearly do not care a jot about their contract with us. Sadly the club have always taken the view that the fewer Rangers fans that travel abroad the better, and are probably more than happy with TC decision to refuse to honour their contract.

Has TC provided any rationale for this?  I've not seen anything, but on what basis did we sign up to them if they are unable to get us to these fixtures?  Maybe they thought it was just about running buses to Aberdeen, Edinburgh and Kilmarnock.  This is a farce and I'm hoping someone is hastily arranging a meeting with them to sort this out.

Imagine doing a deal with a travel agent, only for them to turn around after and say "Nah, we've not got enough aircraft available" when the whole reason we agreed to a deal is because we wanted to get fans over to Europe for the away legs. Embarrassing stuff. 

Rangers should punt Thomas Cook if this persists.

Edited by RTB2004

Crusaders F.C. have secured a larger aircraft than expected for the trip to Ljubljana, Slovenia which departs on Wednesday 25th July and returns on Friday 27th July. There are seats still available for anyone who would be interested in going. These European trips have now become legendary amongst supporters so why not come along and see for yourself.

The price for return flights and 3*hotel is £330
Alternatively, you can book flight only at £200

To secure a place, you need to let us know no later than Sunday midday as our manifest has to supplied to the charter company that afternoon.

Please contact Davy Hamilton by email to crusaderssupport@live.co.uk or by mobile on 07941633749

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO cruesnews@gmail.com

Pretty clear if you look hard enough for a plane you'll find one.

Unbelievable price too compared to what we have to pay for a day trip (when there is one!).

I suspect the club aren't too bothered about taking huge away supports to the continent.  

The more difficult it is to get to places like Macedonia and Croatia, the less Bears will travel.  The less Bears that travel, the less chance there is of any bother.

Maybe I'm just a cynic...