Right back choice?

Tav or Flanagan??  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who would be your preferred choice for Right back???

18 hours ago, Dave M609 said:

For me Flannigan defensively seems more capable than Tav and just on that alone I would rather have Flannigan in there

Hodson is better defensively than Tav, but not even close going forward.

I can't see Tav losing his place any time soon but it's certainly a positive to have options when players do lose form or are unavailable.

If we have Tav, Flanagan and Barisic as our full back options, we're sorted bar the very worse of luck injury-wise.

4 minutes ago, Darthter said:

Hodson is better defensively than Tav, but not even close going forward.

I don't think Hodson is a better defender than Tav, Hodson is truly awful. I just see Tav as a bit of a weak link in that defence atm, he could probably do a job further forward, he is constantly getting drawn towards the ball then we get a high ball over the top and no one is marking the oppositions LM of LF.

6 minutes ago, Dave M609 said:

I don't think Hodson is a better defender than Tav, Hodson is truly awful. I just see Tav as a bit of a weak link in that defence atm, he could probably do a job further forward, he is constantly getting drawn towards the ball then we get a high ball over the top and no one is marking the oppositions LM of LF.

I think Hodson HAS shown that he is better defensively - looks decent against Wigan....but he is pretty awful going forward, which weakens the overall attacking threat.  Flanagan appears to have a much better balance all round.

• Frankie changed the title to Right back choice?