Right back choice?

Tav or Flanagan??  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who would be your preferred choice for Right back???

With the signing of LB Barisic looking likely, it would mean that Flanagan could move to his more comfortable right back position.

but who would be the preferred starter @ RB??

Edited by Darthter

Just now, Rousseau said:

Oooh... a poll!

No way Tavernier is being dropped.  

Given he just got captaincy you may be right. But Barisic’s delivery is better and not sure you want both full backs bombing forward.

coukd very well be a change in formation instead, to a 3-5-2 with Goldson, Katic and Flanagan as the “3” whilst Tav and Barisic play as wing backs 

Just now, craig said:

Given he just got captaincy you may be right. But Barisic’s delivery is better and not sure you want both full backs bombing forward.

coukd very well be a change in formation instead, to a 3-5-2 with Goldson, Katic and Flanagan as the “3” whilst Tav and Barisic play as wing backs 

Or one just stays back a tad while the other goes forward. 

I don't think having both Full-backs bombing forward is an issue if the midfield-three is organised. 

2 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Oooh... a poll!

No way Tavernier is being dropped.  

Difficult to see the captain being dropped but I like the fact we are now developing a situation where choosing who to start may be a conundrum. And I doubt Flanagan came here to sit on the bench. He's trying to resurrect a career not put it on hold.

1 minute ago, Rousseau said:

Or one just stays back a tad while the other goes forward. 

I don't think having both Full-backs bombing forward is an issue if the midfield-three is organised. 

Very much depends on the positioning of the midfield 3.  They have to be aware enough to cover wide areas without giving up all the central space.  All about shifting as a unit.

3 minutes ago, craig said:

We certainly have options and I think we have a management team who know what they are doing in this area (opposed to some in the past who didn't).

Just now, craig said:

Very much depends on the positioning of the midfield 3.  They have to be aware enough to cover wide areas without giving up all the central space.  All about shifting as a unit.

Yes, which they've looked able to do thus far. I think Jack, Coulibaly and Arfield are extremely disciplined.

I does also give the option of a back three, as you suggested.