Coulibaly Permanent Transfer Clause

Gerrard hinted in the presser today that we don't have an agreement to sign Coulibaly permanently ??

I thought we were going to be stealing him for 100 grand Kamberi style. We need to bench him until January and make it permanent before letting him off the leash again

Edited by DMAA

While that is disappointing, i'm sure if he can continue to play the way he has so far for the rest of the season (its a very long time!) he will have more than earned his wage and if we cannot afford to buy him then so be it. If it turns out he wants to make the move permanent, i'm sure we will be able to do a deal with Angers.

The idea of a loan with an option to buy is still relatively new for us to exploit.  

How long has is contract with Angers got left?  That might be the biggest clue in terms of our ability to get him permanently.  

5 minutes ago, stewarty said:

How long has is contract with Angers got left?  That might be the biggest clue in terms of our ability to get him permanently.  

2021 apparently. If he keeps this up surely we’ll be trying to get him permanently in January though. I would be doing it before the end of this transfer window tbh, we’ve seen enough. We won’t be able to compete with the bids that will be made for him next summer. 

Our manager will help our ability to attract and keep players.  His status alone was enough to ensure that but the more I see of us this season and the more I hear his interviews, I'm convinced he is a very effective and down to Earth gaffer.

13 minutes ago, DMAA said:

2021 apparently. If he keeps this up surely we’ll be trying to get him permanently in January though. I would be doing it before the end of this transfer window tbh, we’ve seen enough. We won’t be able to compete with the bids that will be made for him next summer. 

In that case yes, the sooner we start to negotiate the better.  Although from Angers point of view, there might be little incentive to negotiate at this point.

2 hours ago, DMAA said:

Gerrard hinted in the presser today that we don't have an agreement to sign Coulibaly permanently ??

I thought we were going to be stealing him for 100 grand Kamberi style. We need to bench him until January and make it permanent before letting him off the leash again

I didnt take that from the press conference at all mate , might have missed something though.

4 hours ago, trublusince1982 said:

Not so sure! Gerrard had a sneaky wee smirk he was trying to hide when the question was being asked. Sounded to me like Gerrard wanted to keep the pressure on him to perform and not slack off

Maybe wishful thinking but I need to sleep tonight??

I wasn’t overly convinced by his answer either.

i reckon we have taken him on loan to see if he can adapt to the British game before making it permanent.

Well he dodged the question and then when the journalist came back to it saying the worry is the other clubs will be alerted to him if he keeepa performing well, Gerrard replied “that’s life”. I can’t think of any good reason to deny we have an agreement if we did.