The Premier League

7 hours ago, Gribz said:

A week ago the Liverpool fans were saying give Benitez a medal...I think the City fans will be saying cancel that and give it to Pellegrini.

Very well deserved draw for West Ham. Noble and Rice should have put WHU 2-1 up. What a crime that would have been if Origi had scored in the last kick of the game as he was well offside like the opening goal.

To think a week ago they could have went 7 clear but by tomorrow night they could be second is a good feeling. City are getting through a tough run of fixtures. Arsenal, Everton (tomorrow) and Chelsea (Sunday).

It was pointed out at the turn of the year that Liverpool had the easier run-in of the two teams (they looked at the teams they both had to play in the top 8 I think) but, despite that, City had a better record against those teams in the top 8, winning the majority of them.

It would be hard to bet against them against Everton and Chelsea when you see how easily they dismantled Arsenal in the 2nd half at the weekend.

The other thing they have, and even though buster makes light of it, is that City know how to win whilst Klopp's teams have always failed to do so.  I am sure that there will be a touch of mental fragility at Anfield right now knowing they have given up 4 points of their 7 lead in the last two games against teams who they should really be winning against.

Will be interesting.

compo is right too - the bottom end of the table is very interesting this year as well - and, indeed, so is the top end of the Championship....

Still think the two teams with biggest say in the title race are Man Utd and Spurs. Both Liverpool and City have to go to Old Trafford and now Man Utd are winning, I can see them taking points of the top 2. On the other hand, Spurs have got to go to Anfield and the Ethiad. Tough games all round

13 hours ago, craig said:

It was pointed out at the turn of the year that Liverpool had the easier run-in of the two teams (they looked at the teams they both had to play in the top 8 I think) but, despite that, City had a better record against those teams in the top 8, winning the majority of them.

It would be hard to bet against them against Everton and Chelsea when you see how easily they dismantled Arsenal in the 2nd half at the weekend.

The other thing they have, and even though buster makes light of it, is that City know how to win whilst Klopp's teams have always failed to do so.  I am sure that there will be a touch of mental fragility at Anfield right now knowing they have given up 4 points of their 7 lead in the last two games against teams who they should really be winning against.

Will be interesting.

compo is right too - the bottom end of the table is very interesting this year as well - and, indeed, so is the top end of the Championship....

Craig, how do you manage to get that out of what I said ? :eek2:

It was pretty much the opposite.

Are you skim reading between bottles of rum ? :D

9 hours ago, buster. said:

Craig, how do you manage to get that out of what I said ? :eek2:

It was pretty much the opposite.

Are you skim reading between bottles of rum ? :D

I think you are taking what I said and misinterpreting buster - or I just worded it poorly.  When I said you made light of it, I meant your (what I took to be) jocular comment about Klopp being a perennial runner-up.  It's true.  It wasn't meant as a go at you :thup:

42 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

Here is the result of the match to be played later this evening:

Everton 1, Manchester City 3.

I'll go with Man City winning by at least 2 goals and cant see them conceding. Everton 0-2 Man City.