[FT] Maribor 0 - 0 Rangers

7 hours ago, Frankie said:

Maribor were nothing special but that was because we contained them very well just as much as them not having the quality to break them down. 

Let's give ourselves some credit for a change. 

I have to agree 100%. I have been following the conversation and thinking about the two ties (Osijek and Maribor).

Watching the matches I was caught between to trains of thought. Were we very good or they poor? I hope I’m not getting ahead of myself but after deliberating I felt we were fantastic.

Maribor were a good side middle to front but we coped. Osijek were an irgibised side too and we coped. We look determined, composed and resolute. Maribor are a highly ranked European side, if it were up to me I would ban all the MSM from Ibrox except a chosen few!

7 hours ago, cooponthewing said:

I have to agree 100%. I have been following the conversation and thinking about the two ties (Osijek and Maribor).

Watching the matches I was caught between to trains of thought. Were we very good or they poor? I hope I’m not getting ahead of myself but after deliberating I felt we were fantastic.

Maribor were a good side middle to front but we coped. Osijek were an irgibised side too and we coped. We look determined, composed and resolute. Maribor are a highly ranked European side, if it were up to me I would ban all the MSM from Ibrox except a chosen few!

Okay Donald.  Whilst I'm delighted with the way we've started the season I think we need to keep our feet on the ground.  Both Osijek and Maribor had opportunities against us that better players would probably done more with.  Saying that...I can be a terrible pessimist when it comes to Rangers.