[FT] Motherwell 3 - 3 Rangers (Lafferty 15, 38; Ejaria 43)

Would be good to get a proper match preview up over the next day or two so please remember everyone is welcome to submit one - for use on the main site or not.

In the meantime, here's a possible team for Sunday's trip to Fir Park.  I know the manager is keen to rotate his squad where possible but I do wonder if he'd like to try and get some attacking consistency into his team selection.

In saying that it wouldn't surprise me if we see the likes of Lafferty and Middleton start in attacking roles whilst Andy Halliday might fancy his chances of making the team too with Ross McCrorie unavailable due to suspension.

The quicker we can get Coulibaly and Rossiter fit the better as well with the former doing some light training today.

rfc_motherwell.jpg

McGregor

Flanagan........Goldson...........Katic

Tav......Halliday.....Arfield....Ejaria....Barasic

Morelos........Lafferty

I'd rest Jack, Candeis and Kent and try something a little different to see if it can spark up front and take some of the load off Alfie.

Edited by buster.

It wouldn't surprise me to see us go to a 3-5-2 with one eye on next Sunday as Celtic may use that as well.

Freshen up or opt for familiarity - it's a tricky question this weekend for the manager given we're asking a lot of some players.

I can't help thinking an away game against hammer throwers like Motherwell is exactly the sort of fixture Lafferty was bought for. With two crucial games coming up I'd rest Kent, Ejaria, Candeias and Jack and start Lafferty, McCrorie, Halliday and Middleton.

Otherwise this renaissance is going to run out of steam at the wrong time.

Edited by Bill

1 minute ago, Bill said:

I can't help thinking an away game against hammer throwers like Motherwell is exactly the sort of fixture Lafferty was bought for. With two crucial games coming up I'd rest Kent, Ejaria, Candeias and Jack and start Lafferty, McCrorie, Halliday and Middleton.

McCrorie is suspended.

I think he has rotated his team quite well so far but guys like Katic, Goldson and Morelos have been asked to do an awful lot in particular.  I do wonder if the latter may be rested this weekend.

3 minutes ago, Frankie said:

It wouldn't surprise me to see us go to a 3-5-2 with one eye on next Sunday as Celtic may use that as well.

Freshen up or opt for familiarity - it's a tricky question this weekend for the manager given we're asking a lot of some players.

Priority has to be the game in Russia,....it's worth up to an 8 figure sum to revenue.

Any 'experiment' has to be Motherwell.

Lack of time to drill players in it makes it less likely.

One other thing is to impress upon the players this weekend and in no uncertain terms, is the need not to take the bait and get themselves sent off.

Not only would it numerically disadvantage us on the day but they'd be suspended for the Celtic game.