[FT] Motherwell 3 - 3 Rangers (Lafferty 15, 38; Ejaria 43)

1 hour ago, compo said:

Used to be a fixture you would look forward to when the steelmen had players like Quinn and  St John  later our very own Davie Cooper plating for them but these days it's like an Aberdeen match with players coming out injured by some wild tackles ,that doesn't bother me I am old as I say it was a man's game in my day if someone went over the top  you got him back in the next fixture with a bit added for good measure we didn't cry like children and our fans didn't moan like old women but we remembered that player and gave him the bird in the next game not these days to many Jessies on the pitches so we will have to be solid in the tackle on Sunday  but as clean as a virgins knickers and not even give a dirty look as the referees as we know will give us nothing it will be tight that's why I say we will win two goals to one ..

I of course know what you mean when you say it was a "man's game", but for me that's just a euphemism for those players that had little skill and just relied on their willingness to hurt someone.  For me, thankfully football began to protect its skilful players, although these days I agree that too many just fall over at the slightest hint of a touch from an opponent.  The balance is somewhere in between, and I'm glad that we had some of that balance restored during the World Cup.  I'd like to see video evidence being used retrospectively to punish cheats because that's the problem in our game now.

Just now, Gonzo79 said:

A poster on here.  

I doubt he'll play tomorrow if he's just back in full training.

In other words, we don't know but the fact that he was photographed in light training helps put to bed any fears of a longer term injury.

If the other midfielders are fit, I doubt he'll play on the plastic pitch in Russia but hope he might be ready for the 2nd of September.

It would be a good fresh option to have after the long trip East. 

We'll stand up to anyone - SG on tomorrow's game

https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/well-stand-up-to-anyone/

Subtle changes ... I could imagine resting Morelos and throwing Lafferty in as our strong and tall target-man up front. Wouldn't be surprised if Ejaria is given a rest too, as the hammer-throwers in their side will sure target him.

3 hours ago, Gaffer said:

I of course know what you mean when you say it was a "man's game", but for me that's just a euphemism for those players that had little skill and just relied on their willingness to hurt someone.  For me, thankfully football began to protect its skilful players, although these days I agree that too many just fall over at the slightest hint of a touch from an opponent.  The balance is somewhere in between, and I'm glad that we had some of that balance restored during the World Cup.  I'd like to see video evidence being used retrospectively to punish cheats because that's the problem in our game now.

Some of the most skillfull players I ever seen where also some of the dirtiest bees you ever set eyes on off the park they where pussycats.