[FT] Ufa 1 - 1 Rangers (Ejaria 9)

47 minutes ago, BEARGER said:

This is worth posting again imo.

The Times Scotland

@thetimesscot
Steven Gerrard looks quietly terrified of the size of the job facing him in trying to mould Rangers into a force again in Scotland, let alone Europe, writes
@GrahamSpiers
(link: http://spr.ly/6010DSMyO) spr.ly/6010DSMyO

Speaking as a thoughtful contributor; Graham Spiers is completely, and utterly, clueless.

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

Great achievement to qualify for the EL.

I'd have laughed if anyone had suggested we could get this far back in July.

giphy.gif

I thought that reaching the third tie was all we could expect.

This is much better than I expected.

Hopefully we can now pick up some wins in the group stage because that will bring some serious cash with it.

5 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

We looked more likely to score than them at the end.

I never saw it but presumably they decided to abandon the iron curtain strategy that was getting them nowhere. Our brick wall beat their iron curtain.

1 hour ago, alexscottislegend said:

Sadly I think we all know he's just on a dry run for Liverpool but when he does go it'll be because he's been a success here. We need to earmark a successor long before that happens though!

He needs to succeed here if he wants that job.

giphy.gif

Their goal was offside, not by much, but clearly so, and at this level of football, a European tournament, no less, I expect the linesmen (Asst Referees, Ah ken, Ah ken) to be competent enough to see it. 

Mind you, the officiating overall today was of a standard  poor enough to match that of the SPL. Let us hope that we get classier adjudicators in the Group Stages. 

1 hour ago, magic hat said:

Got to say that last 45 mins was horrible to watch and when the whistle blew I was in disbelief. Did the ref blow the whistle 30 seconds early? I think it was actually 3 and half mins they played additional time? 

£12-15m banked! were moving forward onwards and upwards.

Erm, really?

giphy.gif

34 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:
1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:
I never saw it but presumably they decided to abandon the iron curtain strategy that was getting them nowhere. Our brick wall beat their iron curtain.

Just lots of shots from miles out and lumping the ball in the box.

They did come close now and again, hit the post and disallowed goal, but overall we were well worthy of the win.