Gers Confirm Worrall Signing

5 hours ago, alexscottislegend said:

Wonder if this means SG will go with a back 3 or if Worrall will allow him to rest Katic or Goldson.

I liked our shape against Motherwell and I fully expect the 3-4-3 or 3-5-2 to be used in most of our premier league games.  I think that's why Worrall could be guaranteed so much football with us.

39 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

I liked our shape against Motherwell and I fully expect the 3-4-3 or 3-5-2 to be used in most of our premier league games.  I think that's why Worrall could be guaranteed so much football with us.

It's starting to look that way but I'm not convinced.

When you're playing against Hamilton and Livingston do you really need 3 centre backs?

Who do you drop for Worrall; Jack, Ejaria or Arfield? Why would you swap any of them for a centre back when most of our games are about breaking teams down? We'll end up like England with 90% of the possession between the centre backs and play being dictated by Harry Maguire.

3-4-3 is too attacking, I don't think there's any chance of that happening.

I'm hoping Worrall will be good enough that Gerrard can rest either Goldson or Katic whenever he wants and the three of them feature regularly.

Edited by DMAA

6 hours ago, Scott7 said:

Gerrard on a low budget is a greater lure than a wealthy Rogers.

As it stands they have nothing to offer in a footballing sense that we can’t offer. And we have the lure of Gerrard and an obvious excitingrevolution taking place.