DK/Takeover Panel/Club1872

I can't see an issue with what C1872 are proposing. They are just confirming what the situation is anyway.

If it assists the Chairman of the club, who has lent the club at least £6.7 million (and probably more), then great.

If it doesn't help him then no harm done.

1 hour ago, stewarty said:

I know you understand the C1872 rules.  

They have received a request from the club/King to sign a formal undertaking.   

Do they respond to this unilaterally without consulting with members?  I would have a problem with that if they did. And I suspect you would too, and rightly so.

They are under no obligation to sign anything or do anything thats my point .

This looks like a risky game to me. If it ever emerges that Club1872 are doing this at the behest or encouragement of the Rangers board then there could be severe legal consequences for both. It would amount to nothing less than conspiracy to defeat the direction arising from a senior court judgement. I hope they have their stories well prepared because this will definitely be scrutinised.

2 hours ago, Bill said:

This looks like a risky game to me. If it ever emerges that Club1872 are doing this at the behest or encouragement of the Rangers board then there could be severe legal consequences for both. It would amount to nothing less than conspiracy to defeat the direction arising from a senior court judgement. I hope they have their stories well prepared because this will definitely be scrutinised.

We need more information but I take your point.

My take based on the information to hand is that King is trying to do some groundwork to take to the Cos/ TOP in order to proceed with a lesser amount of funds than originally required.   And if that is the case, it would be down to the CoS to sanction 

There's a lot of assumptions on my part though.

7 hours ago, rbr said:

100% agree they wouldn't sell their shares , sorry our shares , that's why this email is ridiculous , someone at board level , probably our snake oil salesman of a company secratery has come up with this and the useful idiots at club1872 have doffed their cap .

Interesting language from the person who started the following topic: 

Club 1872 logo
shadow.jpg

POLL REMINDER: Takeover Panel - Dave King share sale undertaking

A reminder to members that our current poll will close on Wednesday 26th September at midnight. If you have not yet voted then please take the opportunity to do so prior to tomorrow night. The original poll email is copied below.  

'Members will be aware that the Chairman of Rangers International Football Club PLC (RIFC),Dave King, is being pursued by the Takeover Panel to make an offer for all of the shares in RIFC at a price of 20p, the same price at which the recent RIFC share issue was approved.

The Takeover Panel’s action was prompted by a complaint from David Somers, who resigned as Chairman of RIFC’s Board shortly before the March 2015 meeting that installed the current regime at RIFC. The action by the Panel is just one unfortunate consequence of Somers’ time at our Club. We need hardly remind members of other misfortunes that befell the Club during the period he was Chairman.

As Members will be aware, the purpose for which Club 1872 was formed was to acquire shares in RIFC, not to sell them. Far less to sell them at the same price we have just acquired them in the share issue and dilute our influence and participation in RIFC.

We have been asked whether our CIC will sign an irrevocable undertaking not tosell our shares in RIFC at a price of 20p. This may assist in bringing matters with the Panel to an end by persuading them to reduce the cash confirmation they will require before an offer can be made. Such a decision is clearly one to be taken by our members.

We would therefore ask you to vote by clicking the link below and logging in to your account - you will then be automatically redirected to the poll.

The poll will close at midnight on Wednesday 26th September:

VOTE HERE

Club 1872'

Issued by Supporters Voice Limited, a Club 1872 company

Club 1872 logo
shadow.jpg

POLL RESULT: Takeover Panel - Dave King share sale undertaking

Over the past week, members have been voting on whether to authorise the Club 1872 board to sign an irrevocable undertaking not to sell our shares in RIFC at a price of 20p. This was in relation to the Takeover Panel requirement for Rangers Chairman, Dave King to make an offer for all the shares in RIFC. 

The vote was 97.8% in favour of authorising the board to sign the undertaking. 

Thank you to everyone who voted and to all members for their continuing support. 

Club 1872