The Gersnet Interview with Gordon Smith

On a personal level, I don't think there is anyone in the Scottish game right now that I respect more than Gordon.

I've been fortunate enough to meet him a few times now and I have experienced first hand just how selfless he is. For that, I honestly hope that some time in the near future Gordon will be working for the club instead of the BBC.

As for the interview, as usual Scotland's best pundit makes a lot of sense and I hope his wise words are read by every online fan so we can approach a new season with renewed optimism and more united than ever before.

Agreed Frankie i liked big Gordon as a player, and as a pundit he does try and be as neutral as possible.

I didn't realise he wanted to manage a club so much. I think most clubs may find him too nice to be a manager,otherwise i would have thought he could get a start somewhere even if it was as an assistant manager.

On a personal level, I don't think there is anyone in the Scottish game right now that I respect more than Gordon.

I've been fortunate enough to meet him a few times now and I have experienced first hand just how selfless he is. For that, I honestly hope that some time in the near future Gordon will be working for the club instead of the BBC.

As for the interview, as usual Scotland's best pundit makes a lot of sense and I hope his wise words are read by every online fan so we can approach a new season with renewed optimism and more united than ever before.

Many a Bear has wanted this man at the club for a while, with PR an oft touted position.

The only other pundit in Scotland who could look himself in the mirror at the minute is Craig Burley, however Smith is easily the best out there.

Noticed this on Newsnow earlier. Should provide excellent exposure for Gersnet so, yet again, a big well done to Frankie.

Thanks mate. But I don't make the site/forum - it's you guys.

We've been through a hard time with domain name problems and still we're around. Won't be long till we're bigger and better than ever before.

Together we can achieve that and Gersnet is much bigger than one or 2 people's contribution.

:cheers:

I didn't realise he wanted to manage a club so much. I think most clubs may find him too nice to be a manager,otherwise i would have thought he could get a start somewhere even if it was as an assistant manager.

I didn't realise that either to be honest - it came as a surprise to me. Maybe Smudger is getting itchy feet at the BBC?

As Super_Ally suggests, I can't think of anyone better to be in charge of the Rangers PR as well as being as an executive director on the Rangers board.

Gordon is an excellent pundit in an enviroment (Scotland) where the norm is mediocrity whether it be media or the football itself.

One thing he said that many players (young or old) would do well to take on board was

"If I was giving advice to any young player now it would be to live well without drink, cigarettes or drugs. Get as fit as you can possibly be and practise as often as possible to improve your all round game"

One of the reasons for our mediocre game in scotland is that few heed this type of advice.

Absolutely spot on Buster.

I myself was a reasonable player in my mid teens (S'form with Dundee Utd and a Scotland under15/16 cap) but unfortunately, like many players my potential suffered because I liked to be like my friends and enjoy a drink and the wrong lifestyle.

One reason why I'd love to see Rangers (and other clubs) including scholarships where they board at Murray Park and also undertake educational courses.