[FT] Rangers 3 - 0 Livingston (Candeias 20', Morelos 83', Arfield 88')

First of all, excellent preview Frankie!  I enjoyed reading that, and when you see that second team it just shows you what a difference a year makes.

Was there a reason you left Middleton out?  I realise he has lots of areas to develop but he did so well in that last game that I just can't see how Gerrard can leave him out in this one.  I think he'll keep Grezda (barring any knocks) on the right to further develop his match sharpness.

These international breaks are probably ok for fans of the national team, but if (like me) you have little interest there now, it'll just be great to stop those withdrawal symptoms.  In some ways they're worse when the breaks come after such a great display of attacking football against Motherwell.

This game will be another real test of our ability to break a team down.  Live are so well disciplined and tight at the back, AND have a goalie who is arguably the most in-form at the moment.  If we can win this game by a couple of goals it'll set us up nicely for the end of year run of games.

Middleton didn't play last week for the Scotland youth team after a niggle so, whilst he's been back training, I just feel the manager may decide to ca' canny with the lad and, given Gredza's good performance for Albania, may be keen to get him playing on the left.

Jack is also back training after his national team withdrawal so he may be another that doesn't feature.

This is where the squad comes in and the manager has to find a balance of playing his strongest side whilst finding time for fringe players to keep them fit, sharp and interested.  If he can do that well, then we can win the league in my opinion.

I think he may keep Candeias fit for Thursday and play Middleton( if fit) and Grezda. Candeias has proven he is a class act in European games but is less productive against packed defences. I agree McAuley will play and had him in my team.

Great preview Frankie, I'm so glad internationals are over and we are back to the good stuff. The run of games up to Christmas are going to be interesting, like you say, if we are in touch or above Celtic by the time the old firm comes round I hope we can lay down a marker and give them a tanking ( i'd settle for a 1-0 scrappy OG). Get some bodies in the door in January, like many, I have a feeling Sadiq will be away and there was a storey in the news a few weeks ago we are looking to bring 4 in, that would be a good boost to the squad

Although there are a lot of changes within the squad, this year I think we have a manager who is mentally more capable than anyone we have had in recent history, his determination and drive will be a big factor in the next month, we need Celtic to have a bit of a wobble again though, it was evident from the start of the season, and his time at Liverpool that Rodgers doesn't like bad press and really struggles with the mental side of the game if things aren't going their way.

The squad is also really strong, I hope Middleton and Grezda play on Saturday, particularly Grezda as it looks like he is starting to get up to speed and we can see why Gerrard bought him, would be good to give Kent some game time to get him back up to speed also. I hope McCauley gets a game as well, I think he could be invaluable for the rest of the season if he can stay fit. Livi are going to be tough to break down, they will probably have 2 banks of 5 if we are being honest, the wide pitch might work in our favour though, stretch the game, I'm going 3-0.

11 minutes ago, Dave M609 said:

Great preview Frankie, I'm so glad internationals are over and we are back to the good stuff. The run of games up to Christmas are going to be interesting, like you say, if we are in touch or above Celtic by the time the old firm comes round I hope we can lay down a marker and give them a tanking ( i'd settle for a 1-0 scrappy OG). Get some bodies in the door in January, like many, I have a feeling Sadiq will be away and there was a storey in the news a few weeks ago we are looking to bring 4 in, that would be a good boost to the squad

Although there are a lot of changes within the squad, this year I think we have a manager who is mentally more capable than anyone we have had in recent history, his determination and drive will be a big factor in the next month, we need Celtic to have a bit of a wobble again though, it was evident from the start of the season, and his time at Liverpool that Rodgers doesn't like bad press and really struggles with the mental side of the game if things aren't going their way.

The squad is also really strong, I hope Middleton and Grezda play on Saturday, particularly Grezda as it looks like he is starting to get up to speed and we can see why Gerrard bought him, would be good to give Kent some game time to get him back up to speed also. I hope McCauley gets a game as well, I think he could be invaluable for the rest of the season if he can stay fit. Livi are going to be tough to break down, they will probably have 2 banks of 5 if we are being honest, the wide pitch might work in our favour though, stretch the game, I'm going 3-0.

Kent is out for another 2 weeks so you can count him out.

Yeah, just the one match for Candeias so he should be available.

Kent, Murphy and Dorrans definitely out with injury.  Barisic probably unlikely to start but may make the squad.  Jack and Middleton should be available.