Another press attack on Morelos

Just turned on the phone in and it’s an absolute onslaught (as one caller put it) or all our attack on Rangers and referees again. Alex Rae again sitting in on this with Father K conducting the St Pats PR orchestra. I usually always listen but nah, off button for me it’s sickening. Incidentally, I hear Dermot the ref on sky reckons 3/4 were penalties!

Edited by cooponthewing

1 hour ago, craig said:

It seems to me (admittedly it is very early) that Defoe & Davis were brought in to accommodate this change in formation when needed.

It seems to me that we're adapting our formation because we brought in Defoe and Davis and not the other way around. 

2 hours ago, Bluedell said:

It seems to me that we're adapting our formation because we brought in Defoe and Davis and not the other way around. 

I'm yet to be convinced either way.

I suspect that SG wanted an alternative to the 4-3-3 - bringing in Defoe gave him the 2nd player up top, whilst Davis offers him the top of the diamond.

I don't think that they just went "ohhh, look, these guys are available so lets get them" - this management team, including Mark Allen, appear to be more thorough than predecessors.

Only my take on it right enough

20 hours ago, onevision said:

I'm pretty sure Morelos didn't celebrate at Tav's 2nd scored penalty.

I'm pretty sure he did, unless my mind is playing tricks on me. His run across was delayed but he did run and join in.

1 hour ago, Bluedell said:

I'm pretty sure he did, unless my mind is playing tricks on me. His run across was delayed but he did run and join in.

I watched the game last night and he eventually ran over so the article was very inaccurate, although he was probably the least enthusiastic Rangers player for most of the goals.