Breaking: Rangers Youth win ALKASS International Cup

21 hours ago, pete said:

I would expect it to be Roma and that will be a very difficult game as they are a really strong team. 

Roma nearly made a right rick of it. They were 2-0 and sailing into the last 10 mins. They lost 2 silly goals taking the game to penalties. The later stages of the game weren't without their own controversy, incensing the Roma bench, even with VAR in operation as Roma scored (ruled offside although there may have been an  offside earlier in the move from the limited replays I don't know nor could I see why the goal was disallowed) and they also had a penalty waved away by the referee neither of the incidents merited further examination, as far as the referee was concerned, through VAR. 

Before this final takes place I'd caution not to expect too much from our lads as this Roma team are in their last year at this level and its noticeable as they look much more mature, both physically, mentally and their all round play. In fact I'd go as far as to say that a few of them are ready to either challenge for game time in their first team or go out to other clubs. In contrast our lads are 03' and 04's meaning for example Alex Lowry who is 04' i.e. he's only 15.

21 hours ago, Big Jaws said:

Before this final takes place I'd caution not to expect too much from our lads as this Roma team are in their last year at this level and its noticeable as they look much more mature, both physically, mentally and their all round play

I know it’s simplisitic but looking at the scores of both sides you wouldn’t say they were definitely ahead of us, our results have been very impressive. 

18 hours ago, ian1964 said:

Interesting listening to Craig Mulholland after the match in that youtube video I posted, he is buzzing!

The whole interview was an advert for the club, you could certainly tell he wasn’t being interviewed by the Scottish press!!

16 minutes ago, Bill said:

What a place to play a tournament - Doha is beautiful at this time of year. Hopefully the boys are enjoying the experience and bring home another trophy.

The young guys are loving the tournament and the facilities, I just hope they play to their best and enjoy representing Rangers FC

Just now, DMAA said:

The whole interview was an advert for the club, you could certainly tell he wasn’t being interviewed by the Scottish press!!

Any Rangers fan who hasn't watched the after match discussion really should! excellent.

12 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

Any Rangers fan who hasn't watched the after match discussion really should! excellent.

Everything I hear and see from Mulholland makes me think he’s a huge asset for the club. Moving the academy in a modern direction and earning us respect across the world.