Kane Ritchie-Hosler Agrees Pre-Contract with Rangers U17s?

On 16/02/2019 at 21:27, Bluedell said:

What happens for the next generation when 2 people both with double barrelled have kids? 

Joking aside that's what happens in countries like Brazil where it's traditional to have both the mother and father's surname as well as a given 'first name' and countless middle names. Then you get given a nickname, like Pele or Ronaldo etc. and that's just what everyone calls you for the rest of your life. Expect British footballers in 20 years or so to go by one name only. 

16 hours ago, JohnMc said:

Joking aside that's what happens in countries like Brazil where it's traditional to have both the mother and father's surname as well as a given 'first name' and countless middle names. Then you get given a nickname, like Pele or Ronaldo etc. and that's just what everyone calls you for the rest of your life. Expect British footballers in 20 years or so to go by one name only. 

In Spain, you tend to use the first surname only outwith more informal events or administration.

18 hours ago, DMAA said:

Although we know nothing about him it's great to hear we're picking guys up from sides like Man City at this age on the back of the Alkass tournament. Man City seem to be the best team at U16 level and this guy seems to have played a big part in that. The Sun and the Scotsman claim he was a "key man", I take that with a pinch of salt but his twitter shows he has at least been playing and scoring regularly.

I understand what you are saying but best to lose the 'Man City' reference asp and let the guy get one with his development.

Young players that come from big clubs seem to have it constantly referred to in the media and by many of the fans and I don't think it does them any good.

Bottomline, he'll be a Rangers player come the summer.

3 hours ago, buster. said:

I understand what you are saying but best to lose the 'Man City' reference asp and let the guy get one with his development.

Young players that come from big clubs seem to have it constantly referred to in the media and by many of the fans and I don't think it does them any good.

Bottomline, he'll be a Rangers player come the summer.

Agree with that. Only reason it was mentioned it that it is an indication of his ability that he was playing for the best team in that age group.

5 hours ago, DMAA said:

Agree with that. Only reason it was mentioned it that it is an indication of his ability that he was playing for the best team in that age group.

None of us would have recognized the name.  Some would have asked "where is he coming from".

Now we know... best to let the lad prove himself on his own merits.

Good to see we are getting the likes of him and Young-Coomes who already looks like a real talent.  Too young to know the impact they could have, but good to see us signing technical players, rather than physical, in the Academy.