Sun on ticket sales

Fans vote with their feet over ticket prices as Rangers v Kilmarnock replay far from a sell-out

Punters are unhappy at being charged £27 for a seat after forking out the same amount for the first tie at Rugby Park

By David Fowler
19th February 2019, 1:22 pm

RANGERS’ Scottish Cup replay against Kilmarnock is far from a sell-out as fans vote with their feet over steep ticket prices.

Thousands of briefs are still available to purchase in all four stands, despite the game not being televised.

Rangers fans

KEITH CAMPBELL - THE SUN GLASGOW
Thousands of Rangers fans will stay away from tomorrow night’s game

Ibrox

Rangers’ online ticket service shows the number of seats still available

Angry Gers supporters last week blasted the club’s decision to charge £27 for the Ibrox clash after paying the same price for the first tie at Rugby Park.

And it seems thousands of home fans are set to stay away from Wednesday night’s game, which kicks off at 7:45pm.

7 minutes ago, BEARGER said:

Angry Gers supporters last week blasted the club’s decision to charge £27 for the Ibrox clash after paying the same price for the first tie at Rugby Park

As far as I know the price is at the insistence of Kilmarnock as Rangers had indicated they wanted to lower the price.

The Blue Pound eh!!!!!

7 minutes ago, stewarty said:

Must be really slow news day... or its another sign that Administration is but days away.  

I'm sure some of hooped friends will be along to tell us.

Due to TV black out the ST Pats fans will miss the match more than the Rangers fans!

1 hour ago, ian1964 said:

Due to TV black out the ST Pats fans will miss the match more than the Rangers fans!

Hah!

On that note, I just saw that Premier Sports will be doing a delayed transmission at 10.10pm Wednesday night.

2 minutes ago, forlanssister said:

There will still be more than treble the attendance of the original tie.

Correct, however it won't stop the usual Rangers haters in the Scottish gutter press slaughtering Rangers yet again! I'm almost used to it by now!