[FT] Hibernian 1 - 1 Rangers (Candeias 43)

14 minutes ago, DMAA said:

I meant that fact alone is, given its been with a much stronger squad that’s had 8  million or so spent on it. I think we will finish with a much higher tally but it’s hard to believe we’re there at the moment. 

A stronger squad is relative to what I think has been generally a stronger league, which in turn has been partly obscured by the weakness of the three teams at the bottom.

Last season, at the split (33 games) the team in 7th place had 38 points.

This season, after 29 games, the team in 7th place has 40 points.

Last season, at the split (33 games) Rangers had 62 points.

This season, after 29 games, we have 59 points.

Last season, at the split (33 games) Aberdeen had 62 points.

This season, after 29 games, they have 51 points.

1 hour ago, buster. said:

A stronger squad is relative to what I think has been generally a stronger league, which in turn has been partly obscured by the weakness of the three teams at the bottom.

Last season, at the split (33 games) the team in 7th place had 38 points.

This season, after 29 games, the team in 7th place has 40 points.

Last season, at the split (33 games) Rangers had 62 points.

This season, after 29 games, we have 59 points.

Last season, at the split (33 games) Aberdeen had 62 points.

This season, after 29 games, they have 51 points.

I agree with your earlier comments re the club, I didn't mean my comment about this stat to come across as a sweeping statement about the club at all. But I don't think it's irrelevant because it does point to a failure to get enough points on the board for whatever reason.

I don't go with the stronger league argument, the bottom 3 are very weak this year. If you look at goal difference you'll see they are terrible. Hibs are far weaker and they were very strong last year. Aberdeen are weaker without Ryan Christie, McLean and Rooney too. Motherwell raked in £2m in transfer fees for Kipre, Moult and Heneghan but their recruits were low level freebies and it's only recently their youth players have saved their season. The league is much of a muchness for me I think it's far from clear it's a stronger league.

21 minutes ago, DMAA said:

I agree with your earlier comments re the club, I didn't mean my comment about this stat to come across as a sweeping statement about the club at all. But I don't think it's irrelevant because it does point to a failure to get enough points on the board for whatever reason.

I don't go with the stronger league argument, the bottom 3 are very weak this year. If you look at goal difference you'll see they are terrible. Hibs are far weaker and they were very strong last year. Aberdeen are weaker without Ryan Christie, McLean and Rooney too. Motherwell raked in £2m in transfer fees for Kipre, Moult and Heneghan but their recruits were low level freebies and it's only recently their youth players have saved their season. The league is much of a muchness for me I think it's far from clear it's a stronger league.

Out of the Top 4 from last season (Rangers, Celtic, Aberdeen and Hibs) at this stage, I think we are the only team to have improved our points total.

The middle bracket of the league have more points.