English yobs causing trouble at Nations Cup

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jun/05/england-fans-baton-charged-portugese-police-nations-league-porto

I was just reading about this earlier (missed the game last night). What goes through these morons heads? Not much obviously. I genuinely feel sorry for the real England fans that just want to follow their team without having to be caught up with these idiots. I thought after Russia, things may have changed but it seems that these muppets just didn't find the means to get there.

Behaving like this on the 5th June as well. They should be bloody embarrassed and banned from travelling for life

3 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Throwing plastic chairs is de rigueur in many holiday resorts.  

I blame The Football Factory, Sergio Tacchini and Shadwell Utd FC.

I just don't get it. I would kill for a few days of football watching, a few beers and some nice grub in lovely city like Porto. I have an English mate who used to follow England a lot and then he got up in all the nonsense in France at the Euros (Nice I think?) and he's done with it. Football tournies like this should be celebration not an excuse to vocalise some warped and ignorant display of English identity. It's baffling

1 hour ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

I just don't get it. I would kill for a few days of football watching, a few beers and some nice grub in lovely city like Porto. I have an English mate who used to follow England a lot and then he got up in all the nonsense in France at the Euros (Nice I think?) and he's done with it. Football tournies like this should be celebration not an excuse to vocalise some warped and ignorant display of English identity. It's baffling

It's football. very few countries don't have their football hooligans. Holland, Germany, Italy, Poland, etc etc etc.

9 minutes ago, Bill said:

It's football. very few countries don't have their football hooligans. Holland, Germany, Italy, Poland, etc etc etc.

Agreed. I still don't understand it though. Just feel sorry for the England lads that will be tarred with the same brush

4 hours ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Agreed. I still don't understand it though. Just feel sorry for the England lads that will be tarred with the same brush

Football has long carried a burden of human dregs and riff riff. The people throwing chairs in Portugal are synonymous with the sport, as are petulant players who challenge every decision of authority and conduct themselves like entitled adolescents. There's no respect or integrity shown on the pitch or in the stands. Few like to admit this because too many are part of the problem.

3 hours ago, compo said:

Down there its hooligans up here its neds bring back the birch 

It's 'chavs' in England. 

Some lads like a scrap and drink usually exacerbates this, hence they get even more animated when abroad.  

A bit like some of our own in Manchester 11 years ago.

2 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

A bit like some of our own in Manchester 11 years ago

I was not in Piccadilly Square but at an alternative viewing point so missed the happenings.However given that the fans in that area had been partying all day awaiting the screening it was inevitable that frustrations would run overboard.

Given that Manchester had hired extra riot police I am still,as I have said before,of the opinion that it was a deliberate act so that these forces could be utilised.

To this day I have never wanted any of the two major clubs there to have any success.