Man I miss the days that Gazza and Laudrup were read out on the same starting XI. I didn't appreciate these two as much as I should've. Two absolute legends!!! The way Laudrup ran was weird but he's just like Ronseal quick drying wood stain, he did ecactly what it said on the tin! Get the baw, beat a man or 4 and cross it in!

The Rangers support took them for granted!

wbry3qrr0.jpg

Never got to see them play in the flesh but they are legends. No one will ever forget Laudrup's header for 9 in a row

I was lucky. My 1st season as a ST holder Laudrup signed. In my second season Gazza signed. Waking up on a cold, miserable and wet Saturday morning knowing you're going to watch Rangers at home to Dunfermline was made worthwhile just because of these 2 players.

Never got to see them play in the flesh but they are legends. No one will ever forget Laudrup's header for 9 in a row

They never played in the flesh, They wore strips like everyone else.:confused::)

They never played in the flesh, They wore strips like everyone else.:confused::)

I bet Gazza would have played in the flesh if allowed. :)

But it was all good times going to a Gers game when these 2 were on show.

Some of the stuff they used to do was breathtaking. I remember the first time I saw Laudrup at Ibrox was on his debut season against Dundee Utd in the pissing rain and he ran from half way line and he curled the ball into the top corner from the edge of the box - amazing goal.

I bet Gazza would have played in the flesh if allowed. :)

But it was all good times going to a Gers game when these 2 were on show.

Some of the stuff they used to do was breathtaking. I remember the first time I saw Laudrup at Ibrox was on his debut season against Dundee Utd in the pissing rain and he ran from half way line and he curled the ball into the top corner from the edge of the box - amazing goal.

Gribz, Laudrups debut was a 2-1 home win against Motherwell and I don't think he scored but he did run from his own half to setup Duncan Ferguson to score the winner.

Gribz, Laudrups debut was a 2-1 home win against Motherwell and I don't think he scored but he did run from his own half to setup Duncan Ferguson to score the winner.

Aye I know that, I was saying the first time I went to Ibrox when he was there was the United game. That was around September / October 1994.

I said Debut Season in the post not debut. :)

I remember the opening day of the season against Motherwell (2-1 win, Hateley and Ferguson :) ) and watching that on Scotsport the next day and I couldnt believe his run from our own box to lay it off to Ferguson, I remember at the time saying I havent see anything like that in Scotland before.

Aye I know that, I was saying the first time I went to Ibrox when he was there was the United game. That was around September / October 1994.

I said Debut Season in the post not debut. :)

I stand corrected. :thup:

Laudrup and di Canio were the same. You knew what trick they were going to do but couldn't get near them to stop it. The only guy who I saw successfully mark Laudrup was Pedersen from Dundee United. Always hated playing they fucks when he was playing cause he marked Laudrup out the game more often than not.

Guest RFC1873

It was a privilege to have seen these 2 greats strut their stuff on the Ibrox turf.

(and at Porkheed also :thup:)

059204000pt0.jpg

those were the days