[FT] Rangers 6 - 1 Hibernian (Defoe 9, 15, 75; Morelos 78, 89; Ojo 90+2)

For the record, Jones is proving me, and a lot of other fans, wrong. I wasn't overly excited by his signing, he still has a lot to do, but so far so good, I love it when a player proves me wrong by his performances. Must keep up his good start to the season.

Well it's very easy to get carried away at times like this. Instead moaning about our favourite subjects like the number 10 we never signed we're moaning about wastefulness in front of goal after scoring 6 goals. Not a bad place to be ?

So many positives from that game though. Jordan Jones has surprised me again. His "secondary assist" for the second goal was sublime. When he signed I saw him as very similar to Kent and his stats at Kilmarnock backed that up. But he actually seems to be better than Kent at a good few things. He's shown great vision on a number of occasions in the last couple of games and actually gets balls in the box. Again, I'm really surprised because in pre-season I thought he was confirming my impression of him and had that "poor man's Kent" look about him. Looking to dribble all the time and at best winning a free kick, rather than actually finding key passes and getting the ball into dangerous areas. I still think he does lack a bit of quality but he has been a very welcome surprise for me so far in terms of end product. 

Great to see Ojo finally win over some fans too. He was quality and it was always going to be a matter of time before it started to show. And we finally have attacking midfielders who are left footed and cutting in from the right (Stewart too) with Tavernier overlapping. We often looked a bit to rigid and traditional with Candeias on the right, he occupied the same space as Tavernier. 

Yeah, it's important this season for us to be much less predictable and with so many options in attack, that should be the case as long as people maintain their form.

It's easy to be worried about the quality of players when they arrive from perceived lesser teams.  However, in my book, these signings are likely to improve alongside better players so they should find it easier to create in some ways.

17 minutes ago, Frankie said:

these signings are likely to improve alongside better players so they should find it easier to create in some ways

Definitely. It can be intensely frustrating playing in a poor team (offensively) as a forward player because it can make you look rubbish. I myself know even from experience I can look the worst player on the park one week and the best the next week depending on the players around me and their style of play. Jones and Stewart both look like they are going to enjoy their football this season.

Edited by DMAA

And by the way, if you are going to lose a goal the best way to lose it is to a moment of real quality from the opposition. There is no question that most of the goals we concede in the league are not, but that pass from Scott Allan was world class. He's the definition of a luxury player but I can only admire his passing and vision. I hope Davis has learned his lesson, he was tight to him and then he gave him 5 or 6 yards of space and time to go with it and that was all he needed.