[FT] Rangers 3 - 1 FC Midtjylland (Morelos 14, 49; Ojo 39)

If I could pick a time for players to lose concentration it'd be when we're 5 goals ahead in a European double header.

A bloke in the pub after the match was having a right moan about our second half performance...and I thought I was a miserable sod!

4 minutes ago, MacK1950 said:

A second or two could mean 5-15 yards so waiting is not always the answer.

I agree with DMAA about his risk assessment and that is what should have urged Goldson to go to the player in front as he was the biggest risk at that moment.

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

If I could pick a time for players to lose concentration it'd be when we're 5 goals ahead in a European double header.

A bloke in the pub after the match was having a right moan about our second half performance...and I thought I was a miserable sod!

You are ?

9 hours ago, pete said:

I agree with DMAA about his risk assessment and that is what should have urged Goldson to go to the player in front as he was the biggest risk at that moment.

I agree with that by the way, I said earlier he wasn’t alert enough when Katic moved to close down, Katic’s man was the biggest threat at that point. However as a defender myself you should always point at your man and make sure someone is moving over when you leave him, never just assume someone will leave their own man. I noticed Goldson had told Tav to cover the man at the back post just before this who was also a big threat. 

Anyway I don’t want to be misunderstood because I think Katic is a very important player in our team and rate him very highly. 

36 minutes ago, DMAA said:

I agree with that by the way, I said earlier he wasn’t alert enough when Katic moved to close down, Katic’s man was the biggest threat at that point. However as a defender myself you should always point at your man and make sure someone is moving over when you leave him, never just assume someone will leave their own man. I noticed Goldson had told Tav to cover the man at the back post just before this who was also a big threat. 

Anyway I don’t want to be misunderstood because I think Katic is a very important player in our team and rate him very highly. 

Sorry mate in professional football you just don't have time to take in all that is around you and organise things before you make a move. Some of these guys run 100mtrs in 12 seconds so they cover 6 to 10 meters in seconds. That is why they train every day so that these things become an automation. For what it is worth I played a reasonable level of amateur football myself for more than 40 years many as defender in all positions and many as the old fashioned sweeper so I have a fair idea how to defend and organise a defence.

It really does seem that no qualifications are required to work in journalism in Scotland, only family links & supporting the right team (not Rangers). Chris Mclaughlin has got his sister a job at BT Sport it seems. Last week Tom English was tweeting about how he never went to uni but still got a job at BBC Scotland, then there’s that woman who got a HNC from Cardonald college.. must really p1ss off folk who have degrees in journalism but can’t find work!