Worthwhile Rangers podcasts

1 hour ago, ranger_syntax said:

Do you, by any chance, want to listen to a podcast about Rangers?

Here are a few options so that you can avoid listening to anything provided by the legacy media outlets:

Heart and Hand: The curious case of the Bornagain left back

4LadsHadADream: Episode 4

Gersnet: Beat the heat

By the reference to legacy media outlets do you mean you wouldn’t listen to Record Rangers? I actually think Record Rangers is a good listen and I find it interesting to hear guys who aren’t overt fans talk about us. 

Just now, DMAA said:

By the reference to legacy media outlets do you mean you wouldn’t listen to Record Rangers? I actually think Record Rangers is a good listen and I find it interesting to hear guys who aren’t overt fans talk about us. 

I think the problem with mainstream media is that whilst some of their content is good and remains prevalent, the negative aspects of their reporting means many won't promote it.

That's a position I have myself so other than respecting copyright laws and asking people to include links to source material, I can't promote or fund stuff that doesn't directly help our club.

1 minute ago, DMAA said:

Yeah, I'm definitely referring to that.

I can understand your curiosity and I used to share it.

You will surely move past that soon though.

Another one I'd suggest is the one that many young fans (including my kids) think is brilliant and that is cjnovo992.  He's a real fan too and gets his opinions across in a very different style (very funny) and definitely one that younger bears will relate to.

To be fair to the Record, I think they've realised that the quality of podcast content for our club is now so good that they are in real danger of losing customers forever, hence the reason for a more balanced view of our club in this podcast.  I say tough.  They've all had their chance to provide a balanced service and they've blown it time and time again so I won't be listening to, or watching anything the mainstream media produces again.

3 minutes ago, Frankie said:

That's a position I have myself so other than respecting copyright laws and asking people to include links to source material, I can't promote or fund stuff that doesn't directly help our club.

This is why I post about it.

When we share links to the Daily Record et cetera we are promoting them.  It's providing free labour to people who don't deserve any help.

I think that if we are going to promote anything it should be work produced by other Rangers supporters.

1 minute ago, Gaffer said:

To be fair to the Record, I think they've realised that the quality of podcast content for our club is now so good that they are in real danger of losing customers forever, hence the reason for a more balanced view of our club in this podcast.  I say tough.  They've all had their chance to provide a balanced service and they've blown it time and time again so I won't be listening to, or watching anything the mainstream media produces again.

Quite.  Let's hammer it home instead of throwing crumbs to outlets like the Daily Record.

1 minute ago, DMAA said:

Only thing I would say is that they normally have more Rangers friendly guys on like Scott McDermott who I don't think would ever post unbalanced stuff on Rangers.

Journalists' main consideration, even RFC supporting ones, is how their mortgage is paid at the end of the month.  They will write what they're told to write.