16 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Exactly.

I think we're the only ones who think he was played out of position.

I’ve mentioned Aribo playing in that position before but as a matter of curiosity, an experiment. It was some time to try it out ? he’ll still be a huge player for us this season

Edited by DMAA

9 hours ago, DMAA said:

Sorry to nitpick but this is clearly not true. Defoe is far better than Morelos at retaining possession, whatever else you say about him. Sure Morelos is strong and has the ability to hold off defenders sometimes but overall Defoe's technical advantage shows and he rarely gives away possession compared to Morelos and the stats would back that up. I don't think starting Defoe was the problem yesterday at all. I think Barisic and Jones starting would have made a difference.

It is true.  Morelos completely changes this aspect of our play.  When he plays the defenders always have the option to pass it up to him with a fair chance of retaining possession.  Not so with Defoe.  When we try the same with Defoe the most likely outcome is to concede possession.  This makes it easier for a good team to press or block passing angles further up the pitch.  Something that we witnessed in the first half yesterday.

I think that this is why I keep seeing the words 'no out ball' on social media.

3 hours ago, DMAA said:

Aribo was played out of position in the toughest game of the season and suddenly he's Ejaria. 

1 hour ago, Rousseau said:

I think we're the only ones who think he was played out of position.

Not quite the only ones.

I was under the impression that he would play just behind the striker when we signed him.

The entire season so far makes it clear that he should have been playing where Kamara was.