Papac has been ok but would you have been happy if we'd paid much more for him than we did? We could have had him for the CL if we did...

My point was that Austria Vienna tried to get as much money as they could out of us, we played hard ball, got them all much cheaper, but even then they were not exactly bargains...

We played hard ball on Svensson too, using a clause in his contract.

So we wasted most of our transfer budget last season, without stumping up over inflated prices. I think that's why we won't just be handing over the asking price this summer...

Papac has been ok but would you have been happy if we'd paid much more for him than we did? We could have had him for the CL if we did...

My point was that Austria Vienna tried to get as much money as they could out of us, we played hard ball, got them all much cheaper, but even then they were not exactly bargains...

We played hard ball on Svensson too, using a clause in his contract.

So we wasted most of our transfer budget last season, without stumping up over inflated prices. I think that's why we won't just be handing over the asking price this summer...

Sorry for the semantics calscot but I disagree that we were playing hardball over Svensson. Utilising the clauses in a player's contract isn't hardball, it is good business sense. If he had a 600k get-out clause then why should we offer 1 mill ?

I don't think that is hardball.

We did play hardball with Papac and Sebo though, thankfully - yet they still haven't proven to be value for money - so that was, as you say, just as well we did manage to avoid higher fees on them.

Papac COULD come good but the problem for him is that he won't be 1st choice CH and he wont be 1st choice LB so he becomes an expensive back up.

You conceding ? wow, never thought I would see the day ;)

I thought Papac was 450k in the end.

Sionko, whilst a waste of money, might be punted in a swap deal with Feinduono (depending on if you believe the rumours) - Sionko may actually make us money depending on what his wages are and how much value is attacjed to him in the swap.