Penalty rule

4 hours ago, the gunslinger said:

It was close but I don't think it matters if he was standing in the box. 

It does matter, but he never gave a free kick anyway. Too right he has been ‘got at’ like every other ref in Scotland. On twitter, I saw the Record hotline. All about how Dallas should never ref another Gers game because he chopped off a ‘perfectly good’ St Johnstone goal & gave us one that was offside! Bringing up the St Mirren game last season. Blatant lies, yet the Record print it. You could see Dallas pause momentarily, he knew it was a pen but simply bottled it. There is an orchestrated campaign against match officials in this country by Celtic, & they know exactly what they are doing. Time RFC called this out!!

8 hours ago, 917 said:

It does matter, but he never gave a free kick anyway. Too right he has been ‘got at’ like every other ref in Scotland. On twitter, I saw the Record hotline. All about how Dallas should never ref another Gers game because he chopped off a ‘perfectly good’ St Johnstone goal & gave us one that was offside! Bringing up the St Mirren game last season. Blatant lies, yet the Record print it. You could see Dallas pause momentarily, he knew it was a pen but simply bottled it. There is an orchestrated campaign against match officials in this country by Celtic, & they know exactly what they are doing. Time RFC called this out!!

Has been going on for years, hence the ref strike. They are just more sneaky these days

22 hours ago, Tannochsidebear said:

Was it not outside the box? I was pretty much in line with it in the main stand and it looked outside to me. It’s a clear handball though and the ref had a clear view of it.

Was definitely inside the box, no question.

21 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

The real question is what would have been the Dallas response if that had happened at the other end with one of our guys. I don't know if it was a penalty but we all know it was a deliberate handball.

It wasn't a deliberate handball.  It was, however, a handball because his arm was in an unnatural position.

On 23/09/2019 at 20:49, pete said:

Just heard Bas Nijenhuis a Dutch referee and VAR referee say: If the ball hits a defender's arm and it is not intentional and his arm is in a natural position then it is no penalty and play should be waved on. With an attacker if it hits his arm it is a foul no matter whether it is intentional or where his arms are placed. That is because an attacker should not get an advantage or scoring chance off his arm.

This resulted in a penalty in the Chelsea v Valencia game where the ball struck a defender whose arm was by his side but his palm was out and was hit. The ref gave no penalty at first then looked at the VAR screen then gave the penalty. I have to agree that some refs are interpreting the rules differently. Ultimately it didn't matter, as the player who took said penalty couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo anyway.