Coefficient Tables

5 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Weren`t there some plans to scrap this club & country thing? That is, clubs records stand for themselves in the ranking and a club`s position is no longer influenced by the rank of the country or what fellow clubs achieve?

The country value will always have huge significance because it applies to determine the stage when clubs will access competitions.

It could be argued that it has never been more important for countries around about where Scotland are currently positioned because of the up and coming new competition set-up (intro of Euro Conference).

Edited by buster.

Just remember guys , where we end up this season , and 13th is a strong possibility , only puts us the season after next , these results don’t change next years seedlings .

How ever the downside of being ranked higher is , less qualifiers which can lead to less coef points , and also 5 teams which means the coef increases less per point per team . 

The points get get divided by 5 instead of 4 is what I mean .

Edited by rbr

41 minutes ago, rbr said:

Just remember guys , where we end up this season , and 12th is a strong possibility , only puts us the season after next , these results don’t change next years seedlings .

Do you have a source for that?  

33 minutes ago, Briton said:

Do you have a source for that?  

The blurb at the top of this list explains it:

https://www.footballseeding.com/country-ranking/a2019-2020/

Next season we still have the normal Champions League and Europa League. The enhanced ranking kicks in the following year when the conference league kicks off.

1 hour ago, Thinker said:

The blurb at the top of this list explains it:

https://www.footballseeding.com/country-ranking/a2019-2020/

Next season we still have the normal Champions League and Europa League. The enhanced ranking kicks in the following year when the conference league kicks off.

I still don't see it.  The last five years count therefore 2015-16 will drop off and this years tally added.

If I'm wrong so is The Herald.  Quote:  As it stands, Scotland would be 14th* in the coefficient table next season with two Scottish sides qualifying for the Champions League qualifiers. 

* I assume they are allowing for Scotland only losing  3.0 points from 15-16 whilst our rivals lose more (bar Cyprus who also only lose 3 points).

Edited by Briton

31 minutes ago, Briton said:

I still don't see it.  The last five years count therefore 2015-16 will drop off and this years tally added.

If I'm wrong so is The Herald.  Quote:  As it stands, Scotland would be 14th* in the coefficient table next season with two Scottish sides qualifying for the Champions League qualifiers. 

* I assume they are allowing for Scotland only losing  3.0 points from 15-16 whilst our rivals lose more (bar Cyprus who also only lose 3 points).

Yes your correct , however there are still 2 games each for both Scottish sides plus celtic are already qualified,  if you look at the difference in points it's very close , that's why I said 12th , I actually edited to say 13th is the more realistic end point .

However as I said that can gave it's own draw backs as you gave 5 teams and you need all of those teams to earn points .

41 minutes ago, rbr said:

Yes your correct , however there are still 2 games each for both Scottish sides plus celtic are already qualified,  if you look at the difference in points it's very close , that's why I said 12th , I actually edited to say 13th is the more realistic end point .

However as I said that can gave it's own draw backs as you gave 5 teams and you need all of those teams to earn points .

...and Rangers and Celtic will play fewer qualifiers, which, even though points are halved, can be relatively easy pickings.   No doubt  it will be difficult to hold the position if we have a fifth club.   

It's still very speculative I suppose as there's a lot of teams from rival countries still in Europe.   

Scotland may have an edge since all of 3 nations directly above us from places 15 to 13 only have one club left in Europe. Thus we have two clubs potentially collecting points while those nations have just one.

It's mind boggling that the self loathing denizens of Scottish football still want us to lose in Europe and i'm not talking about the yahoos, I mean all the others who this could benefit.  This is what 15th spot could do for them.

Europa league third qualifying round: 3 domestic cup winners from associations 13–15 enter at this stage

The top two sides in the league would be in the CL and we all know who that will be. If one of the top two also win the SC then that EL spot with a third qualifying round entry would go to whoever finishes third in the league. A chance at making the groups with only 2 ties rather than 4 to be negotiated.

Plus from 2021/22 when the European Conference League begins.

Final ECL qualifying round: 3 losers from the Europa League third qualifying round for non-champions enter at this stage.

Which if they fail at the EL QR3 stage gives them yet another chance at Euro group football against potentially lesser opposition.  

But nope, they're greater fans of us losing than of their own clubs getting a better chance at millions in the Euro groups. What kind of fan is that? Does it even qualify for the label?

2 hours ago, Briton said:

From wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_coefficient#Men's_Country_coefficient

The UEFA ranking determines the number of teams competing in the season after the next, not in the first season after the publication of the ranking. Thus, the rankings at the end of the 2017–18 season determine the team allocation by association in the 2019–20 (not 2018–19) UEFA season. This is unrelated to the selection of teams which will fill each allocation through the individual association leagues and national cups (which is decided in the preceding year).

and...

The final ranking at the end of the 2019–20 season will be used to determine the number of places for each association in the 2021–22 UEFA Champions League, the 2021–22 UEFA Europa League and the 2021–22 UEFA Europa Conference League.

It's so you know what you're playing for, right from the start of the season.

Edited by Thinker