Glen Kamara laid the foundations at Arsenal...

6 minutes ago, Briton said:

Might?  Might?  He's scored a shed load of goals, he's the best striker we've had in years and he's been touted as being valued at £20,000,000 (and rising) and you think he might be considered a bargain?  

Alfredo represents the type of business we need to do on a relatively regular basis, if we are to match then better Celtic on the pitch.

They spend somewhere in the region of 9M on a forward who can do the business.

We spend 1M on our main forward but is every bit as good as their 9M man.

It's not so much the amount spent, it's about getting value.

1 minute ago, buster. said:

Alfredo represents the type of business we need to do on a relatively regular basis, if we are to match then better Celtic on the pitch.

Of course.  You could argue that Morelos would've a bargain had we paid £9 million for him.  At £1 million he was an excellent piece of business.

Just now, Briton said:

Of course.  You could argue that Morelos would've a bargain had we paid £9 million for him.  At £1 million he was an excellent piece of business.

It'd be interesting to list every incoming transfer over the past X years and find out about how the deal developed, ie. who first saw/scouted, who did due diligence, who did deal, who had final say, etc, etc.

It's reported that Jonatan Johansson was the man to bring Alfredo to the attention of the club. I hope we've asked him to keep his eyes open regards the Finnish league and beyond.

4 minutes ago, buster. said:

I hope we've asked him to keep his eyes open regards the Finnish league and beyond.

I've said for years now that why we don't use ex players who are based all over Europe and elsewhere to keep the club informed of any potential players! use them to spot talent.

9 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

I've said for years now that why we don't use ex players who are based all over Europe and elsewhere to keep the club informed of any potential players! use them to spot talent.

It now comes down to Ross Wilson to organise this part of the football operation.

I'd just note that quite a few development players from outwith the Scotland have been signed in recent times, so there is obviously some kind of infrastructure in place / implemented under Mark Allen.

Edited by buster.

50 minutes ago, buster. said:

I will argue on that Craig. Alfie is not every bit as good as Édouard. He is a street length better.?

Might help if we could have eyes in some of the poorer areas of the globe where kids can't afford playstations and still play football even in the streets which honed the skills of bygone Scottish generations. South America and Africa as examples.