Helander Out For 4-6 Weeks

6 hours ago, Bluedell said:

Yet again Gerrard puts the blame solely on Morelos and refuses to acknowledge that he's refereed in a different manner to other people in Scotland.

Gerrard makes it easy for refs to continue to single out Alfie, either by booking him when others wouldn't be, or by being fouled in the box with no penalty given.

Gerrard should be giving Morelos more protection. 

The only person to blame for Morelos being sent off IS Morelos, so Gerrard is correct.  The problem isn't that Morelos was sent off.  The problem is that others are not.

Gerrard cannot allow Morelos to feel hard done by when he has done something against the rules.  If he had been sent off and didn't deserve it, then that's a different matter.

16 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

The only person to blame for Morelos being sent off IS Morelos, so Gerrard is correct.  The problem isn't that Morelos was sent off.  The problem is that others are not.

Which is the point I’m making. He was sent off because he’s refereed differently from others. If he wasn’t then he wouldn’t have been sent off. 

1 minute ago, Bluedell said:

Which is the point I’m making. He was sent off because he’s refereed differently from others. If he wasn’t then he wouldn’t have been sent off. 

You can't defend a player if he's broken the rules.  He deserved it so how can Gerrard defend him?

2 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

You can't defend a player if he's broken the rules.  He deserved it so how can Gerrard defend him?

Where did I say Gerrard should defend him? I think you’re trying to be argumentative for the sake of it. 

54 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

I think the view of it even on media outlets not usually too Rangers friendly is that the Morelos card was harsh. Fouling is breaking the rules and it happens all the time but it doesn't get a card all the time. More often than not it doesn't. This didn't warrant a second yellow.