Supporters' Clubs

How many of our fans still travel to the games these days on a bus through a supporters club I used to have a look at the buses to see if they had a shield or a pennant telling you were they travelled from I remember one that came from Aberlour that's next to  Elgin a fair old travel for the fans .:rfc:

37 minutes ago, Whosthedado said:

I go on the Edinburgh bus. John Niven Loyal

I remember John Niven, he was a Fireman.

Great lad, traveled all over Europe to watch the Rangers. I believe it was a five/six day trip to Romania/Bulgaria on a coach that resulted in an aneurysm?

1 hour ago, 26th of foot said:

I remember John Niven, he was a Fireman.

Great lad, traveled all over Europe to watch the Rangers. I believe it was a five/six day trip to Romania/Bulgaria on a coach that resulted in an aneurysm?

I'm not too sure to be honest mate. I have been going on the bus for about 14-15 years now but John was on before my time so i never knew who he was or anything

2 hours ago, compo said:I remember one that came from Aberlour that's next to  Elgin

Sure it wasn’t Aberdour? I don’t remember an RSC in Aberlour.

The Moray club is Burghead Loyal. Picks up all over the County.

Is John Niven a continuation of the Union Jack bus?  I got on that a couple of times in the late 90s.

Used to like the Spider's Web boozer (where the UJ bus departed) but it's a gentrified gin bar now.

2 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Is John Niven a continuation of the Union Jack bus?  I got on that a couple of times in the late 90s.

Used to like the Spider's Web boozer (where the UJ bus departed) but it's a gentrified gin bar now.

Nah its seperate mate but I know a lot of guys that go on the Jack. 

Aye its called Jolly Botanist now. Bit ponsy now like. Diane's pool hall used to be decent too but that's now an Irish pub

I recall a big guy named Coco on the UJ bus.  Vague memories though - typical boozed up away games.

One of the funniest memories on my own RSC bus was trip to the Piggery, also in the late 90s.  We were stuck in traffic, so a lad got off for a p*ss (by some billboards, not far from the ground) and we all saw two Policemen walking towards him, so banged the windows and pointed towards them...he assumed we were waving at him, so he waved back (whilst p*ssing) and ended up getting lifted and missing the match.  I think that was the '98 SC semi.  

Weird the things that stick with us.  ?