Rangers 2 - 0 Ross County

10 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

Which one is the better defender?

Based on what we have seen Polster looks a better defensive option, and is capable going forward. That's only on the basis of two games though so I'm getting carried away. He has definitely solved our problem in that area when Tav unavailable. Tavernier brings so much more to the team in an attacking sense, his captaincy and collective cohesion. 

A good point raised on Twitter re the crowd tonight. There was definitely a lot of folk who left at half time? Then it was half empty from 75 mins. More left to make it 80% empty at ten mins from time up? No idea what Broomie looked like but the other three stands were very sparse at the end? Ridiculous!

Edited by cooponthewing

1 minute ago, cooponthewing said:

Based on what we have seen Polster looks a better defensive option, and is capable going forward. That's only on the basis of two games though so I'm getting carried away. He has definitely solved our problem in that area when Tav unavailable. Tavernier brings so much more to the team in an attacking sense, his captaincy and collective cohesion. 

Afraid I have to disagree with that.

We don't really have much to go on but I think Polster was frequently out of position against Hearts.

Looks like he follows the ball more than thinking about the shape of the back line.

A good point raised on Twitter re the crowd tonight. There was definitely a lot of folk who left at half time, and it was half empty from 75 mins then 80% empty at ten mins from time up? Ridiculous!

Real supporters repeatedly shout 'Part time supporter' at fans who leave early.

Not when I'm  sitting with kids I don't. You must be more "real" than me. Fair play.

If you don't set a good example then the poor little urchins might grow up to leave early too!

I would call that neglect. ?

11 minutes ago, cooponthewing said:

A good point raised on Twitter re the crowd tonight. There was definitely a lot of folk who left at half time? Then it was half empty from 75 mins. More left to make it 80% empty at ten mins from time up? No idea what Broomie looked like but the other three stands were very sparse at the end? Ridiculous!

It might seem ridiculous but my son who normally stays to the end had to leave early tonight to get his travel connection as we both realised that there would be a fair bit of added time.

Got a text from him at 11-20 saying that was him home if he had not left when he did he might not still have been home.

By the way I stayed to bitter end,aye it was bl**dy cold.

Although a bit better it was still a poor game so think the sun on their backs should be replaced next year with a trip doon the water.

All things considered we didn't play that badly last night in very poor conditions.

I agree that we seem to have lost some sharpness to our play but that's unsurprising when we lost Tav, Jack and Morelos from our team - three of our best players.  It hasn't helped that Davis and Kamara have lost a bit of form as well with the former struggling with his back last night before going off.

In saying that the team continued to dominate last night without ever really playing well per se. County worked very hard off the ball and packed the half-spaces with 4 or 5 players meaning the likes of Kent and Ojo could do little on or off the ball.  Ironically Defoe couldn't get into the game at all but his goal was a sublime piece of finishing: credit to to Scott Arfield. I said before the game he needed to step up last night and whilst he was hardly fantastic, he did well to create the first goal and linked brilliantly with Defoe again for the second which was a crucial strike.

All in all a good three points and hopefully the return of Morelos will sharpen up the side further ahead of Aberdeen.  A signing or two may also help fan morale.

• Frankie changed the title to Rangers 2 - 0 Ross County