Rangers 2 - 0 Ross County

7 hours ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Just wondering...had prior commitment so didn't see any of the game. How did Kent do? I see he got subbed on 68 mins. Was he injured?

I only saw the Rangers TV highlights but sometimes you have a bit of an advantage when you see highlights because you see the players who created the real chances. Kent barely featured at all, he had one run at the defence when he got in a good position but hit it wide. All our chances went through Ojo, Arfield and Defoe if I remember correctly. 

Delighted that Polster has finally had a chance to show what he can do, I’ve said for a while I think he a very good player and an excellent back up for two positions. 

Edited by DMAA

12 hours ago, ian1964 said:

Tav has been our most consistent performer from the first day he played for Rangers! but as you say each to their own!.

A defender's first job is to defend. Everything else is a bonus. Tav has had massive boni over the years, but his prime job is marred by inconsistency or lackadaiscial defending. He is not a bad defender per se.

People might get somewhat confused about me criticising Tavernier and thinking I'm talking his contribution down. I simply state that IMHO he is not the ueber-fullback that oozes out of various comments. Or someone that we need "or else ..."

Polster is not Tavernier by a long way

And you base that on 2 and a half appearances Polster has had? Tav played in all those shockers (1-5, 0-5, 0-4 et al) vs the Scum, the 5-5 vs Hibs, and he played against Niederkorn. His back-assist killed any title hopes last season ... and I could go on. This stuff is not filling my mind though, nor does his penalty-taking and assist rate of last season.

I see Barasic and his forward runs, flanks, crosses, corners and free-kicks, PLUS his defending and say: that is a good fullback. We haven't had somesuch for many a long day, as he is consistently good in everything he is doing. If Tav gets up to that level, we can debate again. 

22 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

A defender's first job is to defend. Everything else is a bonus.

I don't think that's a view shared by Gerrard or his coaching staff.

An integral part of the roles of our full backs is to attack and give us width, hence the change of our wide forward from wingers to be number 10s.

Their attacking play is not just a bonus.

9 hours ago, DMAA said:

I only saw the Rangers TV highlights but sometimes you have a bit of an advantage when you see highlights because you see the players who created the real chances. Kent barely featured at all, he had one run at the defence when he got in a good position but hit it wide. All our chances went through Ojo, Arfield and Defoe if I remember correctly. 

Delighted that Polster has finally had a chance to show what he can do, I’ve said for a while I think he a very good player and an excellent back up for two positions. 

No he didn't, the keeper saved it :thup: