Columbus Crew and US under 20 midfielder interesting Rangers ?...

http://tinyurl.com/3yrffd

Clifton native Danny Szetela is back on the radars of European clubs and has helped his cause after scoring the U.S. Under-20 national team's lone goal in its 1-1 tie against South Korea on Saturday.

Italian club Parma, Scottish club Glasgow Rangers and Turkish club Galatasaray have made contact with Szetela's representatives and the Columbus Crew midfielder looks like a safe bet to sign a pre-contract at some point this summer.

Szetela is in the final year of his current MLS contract and has been free to negotiate with other teams as of July 1. One team that hasn't been in contact yet is English club Everton, which came close to signing Szetela before he signed with MLS in 2004.

"If he has another two games like his first game then he's gone," one source close to Szetela said on Monday. "He had a good first game and teams are definitely interested."

Szetela and the U.S. Under-20 national team will face Poland today in Under-20 World Cup action.

Signed him on footie manager and he is a squad rotation player or on the bench, he is very good but i have better players to play

Will get a footie manager picture up soon

Who knows. I'm just saying that looking at the number of midfielders we now have and how we've generally treated younger players, he'd probably be a reserve player for the foreseeable future. I mean, we've signed a few young promising midfielders, but are they anywhere near the first team?

Did Man Yoo not take him on a short trial last season?

They sure did.

I think Adu is similar to Nakamura in that he wouldn't necessarily be the greatest of players but he could be a marketing and merchandising dream....... IF we hadn't sold our rights to our own merchandise.