The Bundesliga will resume behind closed doors on 16 May, becoming the first European league to restart following the coronavirus shutdown.

One of the games on the day of relaunch will be the derby between Schalke and Borussia Dortmund.

Champions Bayern Munich, who are four points clear at the top of the table, travel to Union Berlin on Sunday.

Most teams have nine games to play, with the final weekend of the season rescheduled for 27-28 June.

The German Football Association (DFB) said the season would resume under strict health protocols that ban fans from the stadium and require players to have Covid-19 testing.

[...]

Fixtures

Saturday 16 May

Augsburg v Wolfsburg

Borussia Dortmund v Schalke

Eintracht Frankfurt v Borussia Monchengladbach

Fortuna Dusseldorf v Paderborn

Hoffenheim v Hertha Berlin

RB Leipzig v Freiburg

Sunday 17 May

Cologne v Mainz

Union Berlin v Bayern Munich

Monday 18 May

Werder Bremen v Bayer Leverkusen

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52576780

10 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Anyone got a German team?

Always liked the Bundesliga since it was screened around 2006-07 season overseas. I dont have a German team as such but I do like Dortmund. If I could pick a stadium to visit in Europe it would be Dortmund to see that Yellow wall.

Ive a soft spot for Schalke. And of course these two are the kick off fixture.

It will be good to see a game back on the TV at last and very interesting to see how it pans out behind closed doors. Im sure all of Europe will be looking on to see how it works out and base their own domestic leagues on how this goes.

I've liked Hamburg for a few years (Albertz, their terrific socks and their No Surrender banner vs the yahoos).  They've been garbage for a few years and don't look returning to the top flight at the moment.  

I do enjoy watching German football - the whole set-up is good, from the fans, the actual quality of football, to the way the clubs are run.

9 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I've liked Hamburg for a few years (Albertz, their terrific socks and their No Surrender banner vs the yahoos).  They've been garbage for a few years and don't look returning to the top flight at the moment.  

I do enjoy watching German football - the whole set-up is good, from the fans, the actual quality of football, to the way the clubs are run.

I have a soft spot for Hamburg too. 

They're currently third in 2. Bundesliga, which is the play-off spot. I don't think they'll be catching Arminia Bielefeld and Stuttgart, but promotion is not out of their reach. 

What a slap in the faces to all fans of football playing behind closed doors and all these clubs will be expecting the fans to flock back probably paying a bit extra for the privilege 

3 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

They're currently third in 2. Bundesliga, which is the play-off spot. I don't think they'll be catching Arminia Bielefeld and Stuttgart, but promotion is not out of their reach. 

They really tailed off last season and started well this season but then lost momentum.  They're a very lightweight side, who seem to lack belief.

I used to look out for Hamburg scores also due to the Albertz connection. Both Schalke and Hamburg stadiums are pretty awesome also.

German efficiency - they do things right.

Even though I prefer Dortmund, I have respect for Bayern. A top elite European club and a fantastic set up.