The Summer 2020 Transfer Window Now Closed: Zungu signs on loan with option to buy

5 hours ago, craig said:

No way BD.  dB never, ever slates a Rangers player because it is unbecoming of us.... until of course, it suits his/her own agenda :rolleyes:

It is sure unbecoming of us that a elder board users comes up with such petty stuff.

Looks like being anti-Tav to me.  His standards are scrutinized - how do you know they aren't ? 

A) "anti / pro" creates a black & white scenario that is not required and hardly valid in this case. It is also not needed that the Tav-likers have a go at those questioning his all-round performances as a righ-back, creating an atmosphere that leads to snyde remarks like the above. We all have opinions on players and there is no need to belittle someone else if he does not agree. Seemingly, Tav has a more special status than other players, who constantly get it in the neck on here.

B) His standards were scrutinized, SG even told us that he was strong enough to "drop the captain". He had a few similar dire games (by his standards) after that, yet only got dropped when  injured/suspended. There were quite a few ramblings here and elsewhere. Seemingly SG agreed with some on here that Tav was still needed ... or, being a captain himself, simply didn't want to drop the captain for one reason or another. Anyone's guess. 

42 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

It is sure unbecoming of us that a elder board users comes up with such petty stuff.

A) "anti / pro" creates a black & white scenario that is not required and hardly valid in this case. It is also not needed that the Tav-likers have a go at those questioning his all-round performances as a righ-back, creating an atmosphere that leads to snyde remarks like the above. We all have opinions on players and there is no need to belittle someone else if he does not agree. Seemingly, Tav has a more special status than other players, who constantly get it in the neck on here.

B) His standards were scrutinized, SG even told us that he was strong enough to "drop the captain". He had a few similar dire games (by his standards) after that, yet only got dropped when  injured/suspended. There were quite a few ramblings here and elsewhere. Seemingly SG agreed with some on here that Tav was still needed ... or, being a captain himself, simply didn't want to drop the captain for one reason or another. Anyone's guess. 

a) Maybe you shouldn't be hypocritical and people won't haul you up for it - numerous times in the past you have criticized forum members for slating our own players - and then when you do it yourself ala Tavernier you get defensive and accuse others of being petty.  

b) Maybe it is simply the case that SG sees Tavernier every day and compares him to the other options and feels that Tavernier is training better than the rest and deserves to retain his spot... and before you dispute that attitude you would do well to remember that you yourself often state that the coaching team are the ones who see these players daily and know better than us mere fans how the players are performing.... 

1 hour ago, craig said:

a) Maybe you shouldn't be hypocritical and people won't haul you up for it - numerous times in the past you have criticized forum members for slating our own players - and then when you do it yourself ala Tavernier you get defensive and accuse others of being petty.  

b) Maybe it is simply the case that SG sees Tavernier every day and compares him to the other options and feels that Tavernier is training better than the rest and deserves to retain his spot... and before you dispute that attitude you would do well to remember that you yourself often state that the coaching team are the ones who see these players daily and know better than us mere fans how the players are performing.... 

a) ... nonsense

b) ... as I said, SG sees him and if he sees "an undropable  captain" he lives and dies with that judgement, as he does with his tactics.

1 hour ago, der Berliner said:

a) ... nonsense

b) ... as I said, SG sees him and if he sees "an undropable  captain" he lives and dies with that judgement, as he does with his tactics.

a) no it isn’t.  You have a go at people for giving our players a rough time yet feel perfectly at liberty to give the likes of Tavernier, and Kyle Hutton before him, a rough time.  That’s hypocrisy in anyone’s book.  Just because you shout “nonsense” doesn’t make it so.  Nice try though.

b). I’m pretty sure Gerrard is more than aware of the potential consequences of continuing to pick Tavernier, or whomever tomorrow’s scapegoat will be.

22 minutes ago, craig said:

a) no it isn’t.  You have a go at people for giving our players a rough time yet feel perfectly at liberty to give the likes of Tavernier, and Kyle Hutton before him, a rough time.  That’s hypocrisy in anyone’s book.  Just because you shout “nonsense” doesn’t make it so.  Nice try though.

b). I’m pretty sure Gerrard is more than aware of the potential consequences of continuing to pick Tavernier, or whomever tomorrow’s scapegoat will be.

a) Hutton? Really? Man, you dig out stuff of 7 to 8 years ago? That's how many players I did not have a bone of contention with? IMHO, you have a bone of contention with me every now and then rather than some objective debate. And I sure don't go after people for their opinion in any uncivilized manner.

b) ... obvious and expectable reply. The riposte would be: show me the trophies or successes then ... but that would lead to more pointless tit-for-tat. As I said, and that holds true for any manager, they live and die with their judgements and I for one doubt that SG will stick to Tavernier if a better opportunity shows up. Up till then we won't know whether Polster is a decent alternative unless Tavernier breaks a leg or something. 

On 09/06/2020 at 15:55, der Berliner said:

We didn`t twice in a row with e.g. Kent and Morelos and Arfield and ...

Stewart got 24 games last "season" and an average of 26 mins per game. Thrown in every now and then or with a weakened side for 90 mins, didn`t play like Ronaldo and was quickly removed. Despite being a good impact player every time a I saw him, but each game a few mins here and there. Polster played a few times, hardly set a foot wrong (rather on the contrary) yet as sson as Tav was fit, no matter how dire he played, was constant pick. He does "so much" for the team ... only that I don`t see it. He was smashing in his first season, had a good partnership with Candeias (and hardly a good partner after that, granted) ... but ever there was nothing that would make him an instant pick ahead of others. (And don`t come up with his goal tally or assists ... 90 % of his goals of these last 2 yeasons came from the penalty spot and for every assist he has five or more crosses that end somewhere  in Nirvana. Yet if Polster lashes one into the stands, he "is garbage" for eternity.)

Jones, Stewart, Murphy, Polster et al have all what we need to put the Killies and Accies of this league to the sword. But we let Kent and Tavernier and Co. at those team with an end product that is dire time and again.

Come on mate. If Tav put in the performances Polster put in he’d rightly be criticised. Polster is nowhere near the level required 

6 hours ago, der Berliner said:

a) Hutton? Really? Man, you dig out stuff of 7 to 8 years ago? That's how many players I did not have a bone of contention with? IMHO, you have a bone of contention with me every now and then rather than some objective debate. And I sure don't go after people for their opinion in any uncivilized manner.

b) ... obvious and expectable reply. The riposte would be: show me the trophies or successes then ... but that would lead to more pointless tit-for-tat. As I said, and that holds true for any manager, they live and die with their judgements and I for one doubt that SG will stick to Tavernier if a better opportunity shows up. Up till then we won't know whether Polster is a decent alternative unless Tavernier breaks a leg or something. 

a) did you slag Hutton ?  Yes or no ?  The time delay makes your hypocrisy any less relevant ?  Not in my view.  He is but one name..... I have a bone of contention with EVERYONE now and then... and they with me. But mostly we admit to it and accept we are less than perfect.  ~You, on the other hand, try to deflect and deny.  As is your prerogative :D - I am also being civilised - are you suggesting otherwise ?  I also would much rather objective debate than subjective, makes it far easier to actually debate the issues.

b)  Are you a Tim ?  Gerrard cant show you the silverware, which is exactly what a Celtic fan would ask you.  For someone who is clearly a Rangers fan (yes, you clearly are), you are doing a grand job of Celtic fans bidding for them....  OK.  Gerrard cant show us the silverware.... but, to show, yet again, your hypocrisy, I can almost guarantee that if I had the time or inclination.... I would easily find posts from you saying that the silverware wasn't that important but that the progress was (which... BTW, I agree with).  So.… when wil you end your hypocrisy ?  I, for one, believe that SG still sees Tavernier as his best RB by a country mile.  I also think that SG sees Tavernier as his captain.  I also think SG sees Tavernier as his most influential player going forward given his tactics and formation and, for that reason, I suspect that I will see plenty more of your "Tav is shit" or "Polster is better than Tav" posts this year.....  SG has seen Polster for the better part of TWO YEARS in training.... so he clearly doesn't see him as a medium term alternative to Tavernier.... no matter how you try to shape the discussion.

6 hours ago, NDC Gers Fan said:

Come on mate. If Tav put in the performances Polster put in he’d rightly be criticised. Polster is nowhere near the level required 

Doesn't fit the agenda mate :rolleyes: