• Filip Helander
    • Borna Barisic
    • Steven Davis
    • Ryan Jack
    • Joe Aribo
    • Brandon Barker
    • Ryan Kent
    • Alfredo Morelos

I opted for Goldson.  Other than one very sloppy pass that nearly cost us a second goal (after some calm play initially) he really stood out again at that level.  Helander was also very good whilst I though Arfield did well when he came on.

A few subs looked a bit brighter but I think the Germans had tired a wee bit and made five changes as well which affected their earlier excellent organisation.  We really should have scored at least once.

Yes, I thought Goldson was superb for the most part - he had our best chance too, from a header, just cleared off the line. 

Jones actually looked quite lively too. Hopefully he's looking to buckle down and give his Rangers career a good go - although, I think he's been told he can leave? 

Goldson for me too, didn't look out of place against a very good forward line,.

Helander played reasonably well after looking a bit iffy at the start and had a very good block.

Would whomever voted for Alfie like to put their head above the parapet? strange call imo.

1 hour ago, Rousseau said:

Jones actually looked quite lively too. Hopefully he's looking to buckle down and give his Rangers career a good go - although, I think he's been told he can leave? 

Gerrard said those rumours weren't true. I still wouldnt' be surprised to see him go though. He is a handy player in Europe away from home but isn't at the required level domestically in my opinion.

Helander gets it for me. I thought he was excellent, he made so many blocks and won everything in the air. One or two of the blocks looked like they were certain to be goals.

I actually thought Barisic was good too. He was denied an assist by Alfredo miscontrolling the ball in an excellent position and I thought he was our best chance of creating something all night.

Barker wasn't up to much, just hassling and harrying. Kent was better but a bit of a standard Kent performance, looking dangerous and giving us an outlet with his pace but time and time again it ends with nothing.

I thought Aribo was generally very good too. He did have a few blips but he stood out in the centre of midfield beside very average performances by the the other two. He again showcased his skill and strength.

6 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Gerrard said those rumours weren't true. I still wouldnt' be surprised to see him go though. He is a handy player in Europe away from home but isn't at the required level domestically in my opinion.

Oh, really? Oh, well. 

I agree -- especially with the new signings; I don't see him being used at all. 

1 minute ago, DMAA said:

Helander gets it for me. I thought he was excellent, he made so many blocks and won everything in the air. One or two of the blocks looked like they were certain to be goals.

But, but, but... he's slow...

:D