When I first saw it, I disliked it. I couldn’t understand the fuss to be honest. 
When I saw the team run out with it on last night I disliked it even more. It doesn’t look right, we didn’t look like Rangers, they looked unfamiliar. I had a horrible feeling about it all. I Facetimed  my brother just as they kicked off, he was only wearing the damn thing with a big smile on his face...”see what their wearing?” he said. “Aye, and it looks just as ridiculous on them as it does on you” I replied. 
Anyway, that was the worst we’ve played this season and I hope to god they never wear it again. I hate the sight of it. I wonder how many of retro tops will have been returned to the shop today? And how many are already wrapped up and under the tree already....poor kids. 
I hope they don’t pull that stunt  for the anniversary. As John Bennet said, let’s celebrate and look forward to the next 150 years, it’s not all about the past. 

I shake my head every time our team appears and we're wearing white socks with the home shirt.

The world would be a better place without white socks.

I know St Mirren (and Dundee Utd) wear black socks but what's wrong with red?

Two things stood out for me. 

1. Strips look so much better without sponsors splashed all over them (never going to happen)

2. The RFC monogram looks 100% better without those silly wee stars. I loved the scale of the one on the strip. It was large, bold and screamed of tradition. I genuinely hate those stars we have adopted on our famous crest. (could easily happen)

Edited by BlackSocksRedTops

9 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

I shake my head every time our team appears and we're wearing white socks with the home shirt.

The world would be a better place without white socks.

I know St Mirren (and Dundee Utd) wear black socks but what's wrong with red?

Maybe we should have an alternative sock with prominent red base and black turnover to retain the connection to Govan?

10 hours ago, ranger_syntax said:

A wide variety of complaints are circulated after each unexpected defeat.

Greeting about the retro kit is surely one of the stupidest.

3 hours ago, ranger_syntax said:

Greeting about the stars on the strip is surely one of the stupidest.

So we're only allowed to comment on such things after a win?

One would think that the comments on the strip would be due to the fact that it's the first time we've worn it and the result of the game had nothing to do with it.

Or as you might say:

Greeting about the subject matter of other people's posts is surely one of the stupidest. 

:D