�£1.4mil supposedly done for Cousin

Daniel Cousin (born February 2, 1977 in Libreville) is a French-Gabonese football striker.

He currently plays for RC Lens, a club to which he moved from Le Mans Union Club 72 in the summer of 2004. He has played international matches for Gabon.

Full name: Daniel Cousin

Date of birth: February 02, 1977

Birthplace: Libreville, Gabon

Nationality: Gabonese

2nd nationality: French

EU passport: Yes

Height: 187 cm

Weight: 82 kg

Club: Lens

Position: Striker [C]

Number: 9

Previous clubs: Martigues > Niort > Le Mans > Lens

International debut:

Caps: 0

Goals: 0

World cups: none

Season Club Country Level GP GS

2006-07 Lens FRA A 30 4

2005-06 Lens FRA A 33 13

2004-05 Lens FRA A 37 9

2003-04 Le Mans FRA A 33 11

2002-03 Le Mans FRA B 33 15

2001-02 Le Mans FRA B 33 12

2000-01 Le Mans FRA B 29 6

1999-00 Niort FRA B 24 4

1998-99 Niort FRA B 22 1

1997-98 Martigues FRA B 36 5

Career Totals: 310 80

From a poster on FF.

Still dont understand why a striker is top priority. We could always be done with 1 more but with Sionko leaving we are double short on the right and Buffel still isnt fit for the creative role.

I think we have plenty of cover for the striking positions.

In reading Lee McCulloch's interview on sporting life it seems that he is set to play on the right side of midfield this year Gribz - Burke will be an able back up to McCulloch and then on the left we will have Beasley and Adam.

I think our squad looks reasonably strong, if not exciting.

Buffel, if fit and applying himself, could fill the creative role - could Burke be trained for that role too, or is he just too lightweight ? I felt he looked good coming in off the flanks last season, but was too inconsistent.

I think we have plenty of cover for the striking positions.

In reading Lee McCulloch's interview on sporting life it seems that he is set to play on the right side of midfield this year Gribz - Burke will be an able back up to McCulloch and then on the left we will have Beasley and Adam.

I think our squad looks reasonably strong, if not exciting.

Buffel, if fit and applying himself, could fill the creative role - could Burke be trained for that role too, or is he just too lightweight ? I felt he looked good coming in off the flanks last season, but was too inconsistent.

Yip we are fine upfront for number IMO, Sebo and Novo can play big parts.

Surprising that McCulloch was brought in as RM, but fair enough if he can do a job there. He can always move upfront or left if need be.

And of course we still have Gow and Buffel to come into things. The question is who gives way to a creative player in the XI? I think Smith would take Darcheville out but hopefully not as I expect him to be a menace to SPL defences.

THANK FOOK THE FOOTY IS BACK :)

Yip we are fine upfront for number IMO, Sebo and Novo can play big parts.

Surprising that McCulloch was brought in as RM, but fair enough if he can do a job there. He can always move upfront or left if need be.

And of course we still have Gow and Buffel to come into things. The question is who gives way to a creative player in the XI? I think Smith would take Darcheville out but hopefully not as I expect him to be a menace to SPL defences.

THANK FOOK THE FOOTY IS BACK :)

To bring a creative mid in I see WS dropping a forward and going with a 4-2-3-1 - personally I would prefer to see Ferguson/Hemdani or Thomson benched for a creative midfielder and staying with a 4-4-2 with the creative midfielder breaking from the mid.

To bring a creative mid in I see WS dropping a forward and going with a 4-2-3-1 - personally I would prefer to see Ferguson/Hemdani or Thomson benched for a creative midfielder and staying with a 4-4-2 with the creative midfielder breaking from the mid.

Yeah thats my choice aswell. Its a tough one between ferguson and Hemdani as ferguson gets about a bit more but Hemdani was class last season and sits infront of the back 4 and strolls games. Only downside is he doesnt get stuck into tackles so much. But at the moment Hemdani edges it ahead of Ferguson as a starter.